Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically like most people on here I COULD NOT STAND THE 4X4 STANCE of my saab. So after reading up on some people cutting springs over on TSL i decided to go give it a try. Really i didnt want the front any lower and i just wanted the back to sit more level and not so jacked up.

Basically i followed this
(http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20050215.Saab_NG900_Rear_Suspension/)
for getting the springs off. And i took high school honors physics and learned a little about spring rates and how springs compress and made an educated guess on how many coils to take off and im very satisfied. This is like the ride height the car should have came stock.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
ive been in a car with cut springs, and it rode like absolute shit. bounced me around in the car constantly, like i was in a go-kart.....so im interested in hearing your experience with the ride quality.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well front springs aren't cut and rears are barely cut. it handles normal

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sorry to hijack there 2legit2quit, but what wheels are you running? My vikings are bent to hell, so I'm looking for suggestions on replacements. Oh and looks good, going to try that on mine sometime when I have a free day to take out the coils.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Looking good.

Sorry to hijack there 2legit2quit, but what wheels are you running? My vikings are bent to hell, so I'm looking for suggestions on replacements. Oh and looks good, going to try that on mine sometime when I have a free day to take out the coils.
I have a set of Klingons but would need tires. Let me know if you might be interested since you're pretty local.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.