Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Those kits look hot, but that last one needs new rims.
I got a buddy who is going to be opening a Euro performance shop(hes swedish), so he may be able to get shipping at low charge.
I'll ask him and let you guys know.

·
Registered
251 Posts
personally i think the kit would work on almost any car, but it doesnt really do it for me on a saab.....its just way too flash and too many curves. not to mention its expensive as shit

·
Registered
729 Posts
he acually has a website.
There are many body shops that can custom modify a bodykit for you.
I bet its gonna be a shit load cheaper then paying for that body kit.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I always wanted to do. Just buy an acura, or honda kit (well maybe not either of those but you get the point), and just custom mold it to fit. Seems the cheaper route, and maybe even the more "custom" way to go...

·
Registered
729 Posts
I know a guy from my school with an accord wagon. He got his whole rear bumper custom done, front and rear bumper mounted and the whole car painted for $1700.
If you just want the body kit done its prolly gonna cost around $8-900

·
Registered
90 Posts
NICE KIT!

do you guy remember??? I tried to start a group buy for this kit....

heres the prices once again:

10-15 KITS.......................................$1,100.00
SHIPPING........................................$700.00
TOTAL.............................................$1,800.00

** GenuineSaab.com orginally was going to do this but then stopped becuase they didnt have enough poeple... Their was $1,995.00 /NOT INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!

I have been pushing everyone to do this deal for a long time now.... this is the best price you gonna get for this kit....

can we start an interest list???
contact your local saab dealers.. anybody that would maybe be interested.. the more buyers the beter..!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been following all the threads about the realcar kit, and the result is always the same. $$$$ :shock: $$$$

I think the only reasonable option is modifying a low cost kit from a similar dimensioned car. I work right down the street from a speed shop that I do some vinyl graphics for....they always have body kits lying around so I'll take measurements and test fit a few to see if there's anything that's close to a fit.

Anyone have a guess what will fit???

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Guys, a group buy for this kit will never work, there is not enough interest in it. This is the reason why we started working on the two new kits for Saab. If you want that kit then just buy it, there is now way I’m paying 2,000 for a kit that’s is made out of fiberglass and will crack, let alone just pay that much for a kit. We already have a company making two kits for us that will cost 1/3 of the price. The kit was going to be available for the summer but now it’s going to come out for the end of the summer. Just want for the other kit. If you don't want to wait then go buy this kit. Trying to start a group buy on this is a waste of time. Save your money for a quality kit that’s not going to crack on you, the one that’s being made for us. Or I suggest just buy a kit for a different car and have it molded to your car. In the long run both ways are going to be cheaper then buying that kit.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Actually the 1995 was always including shipping to your door. :roll: You will not find cheaper shipping on a common carrier. There are no interested people. It is still fiberglass. I would have it ripped off the first trip home. My stock viggen bumper is almost worn through! I understand different views... But... There is not enough (serious) market... Good luck. I will keep my viggen style.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyway we could get the viggen kit replicated at a reasonable cost??

Hey by the way Nick, do you have any of those EVO spoilers lying around? Did you guys manage to sell many of those?

And do you guys actually have one of the RealCar body kits in the U.S.?? Why not order one, and put it on a car here in the U.S. to get attention and maybe raise demand...

·
Registered
90 Posts
yes i would also love to do a group buy on the viggen body kit... maybe even the spoiler..

nick, can we make this happen??? pleasseee

·
Registered
38 Posts
If that kit wasnt fiberglass i would buy it today, im either waiting for someone to come out with a "ricey" kit that isnt fiberglass or ill try going custom.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea, don't forget that the LoPro crew still are going to do two kits for us...on eaggressive, one non aggressive both in polyurethane(better and alot more durable than fiber and for the aMW. They are going to post sketches and perhaps a model soon. Just stay patient.

Don't let your impatience ruin getting a new kit. ;)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I don't know if I like it in silver :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i think Blaque_Out is the one thats getting either the free kit or significantly lower priced for his work to get everyone to wait for these two new kits ....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts