Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the car, it was just a slight rattle, only occuring in bottom end of second gear.... but over time it has leaked itno all my gears. Noise soundsl iek it is coming from under my hood... so Im really praying it isnt anything major.

anyways, the breakdown:

roll out of first, rattle until I hit 2500 RPMs, then it stops. Hit 3000 rpms, turbo engages, hit 3500, shift, drops back down to high 1000' RPMS and the process begins again... it only happens when Im below 2500 rpms though, and only when I accelerate.

I can be on the interstate going 65(speed limit here on intrstate is 55) and if i hit the gas I hear the rattle. Its SO annoying... it makes my nice car sound like complete shit. I was thinking it may be the rtranny mount... but I dont know. Anyone had a similar issue with a 99 9-3 hatch and if so what did you do to solve the problem?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yea, I'd say it sounds like something like an exhaust clamp broken, and causing your rattling.

Check each of the pipe connections....if you find any broken clamps rattling around, replace them with band clamps that hold better, and last longer.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im pretty sure as well that it would be your exhaust. If any part of it is hitting the car, it would make a resonance at around those RPMs your referring to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts