Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the site but have been reading posts for the last week or so. The tech stuff here is great and I have a lot to learn. I just bought my second saab and I love it. Saab 1 is an 85 900 turbo with 298,000mi and the my new baby is a 00 Viggen. Its fast but will be faster. The Saab community is great as well as this site. I look forward to the lessons on the T7.

·
7,595 Posts
great to have you here, I'm sure you love those cars. So what are your first driving impressions of the Viggen, and how does it compare to the 85 C-900?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the viggen

I love the Vig. The only problem is I cant get the wheels to hook up. The tourqe steer in the car is crazy. I hear if I replace the steering rack clamp It will help a little. I should get some better tires too. I dont drive the old 900 much but I love it just the same.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice pair - as different as they are - they are both capable of much. Can't wait to see some photo's of the new and old :D Is your 85 a 16V? I've heard rumor of rare "Red Box" APC's for those and I know one person with a tweaked one - you ever mess with yours? (In the 85)

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Welcome aboard and glad to see someone like me that has a C900 and a New 9-3 chasis. I tell you SAAB's are sure addictive.

BurnsSide42 said:
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice pair - as different as they are - they are both capable of much. Can't wait to see some photo's of the new and old :D Is your 85 a 16V? I've heard rumor of rare "Red Box" APC's for those and I know one person with a tweaked one - you ever mess with yours? (In the 85)
Burnside I have an 86 C900 16V Turbo with a tweaked APC, 3bar FPR,3" Exhaust and lowered by 1.5". I have held up to 1.6 bar on a 3rd gear run and taper to 1.4 at top end of 3rd through 5th. I have a GTECH estimate that it putting down 228HP right now and I know that as long as I catch a slightly modded WRX on a roll I can smoke them very easily. Man I love C900 saab's!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yes - but the 86 has a normal APC - the 85's and earlier turbo's (typically 8V) had this different under the rear seat APC which not too many ppl know how to modify. But your 86 does sound nice. 8)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love SAAAABS!

I have not done any Mods to the car. It has always driven so well I never felt the need. When I can drive 90mph up to Vail with 280xxx mi, being the oldest car on the road. I think that might be the reason I love Saabs so much. It is a 16V to answer your question. The Viggen is the first car I am going to modify. I am just a little worried about changing the ecu but I want more HP. I also have never been on a track and want to pop my cherry asap.

·
Registered
876 Posts
So your 85 is just sitting? I'm not sure if burnside was refering to me, but I do have a modded apc for 84/85. Is the 85 manual or automatic? I'm looking for one for my girl in auto but she can learn to drive a stick if you want to get rid of it cheap. She's actually from your area. York Springs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is just sitting at the moment but I dont think I could part with it. It is a manual and needs some work done so I wouldnt feel good about giving it to you in its condition.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Viggen Picture

Heres a pic of the Viggen, I dont have any of the 85 on file but will take some soon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
She's pretty!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the compliments. Nick I want my viggen to be like your viggen. HA. Damn that thing sounds good. How on earth do you get that kind of power to the wheels? When you upgrade the ECU is the torque still limited in 1st and 2nd? I was also wondering if you ever made any of those Viggen emblems for the shift knob?

·
Registered
352 Posts
send a PM to ERP, i know at one point he made a shift knob with the viggen logo on it and knew a guy who could fabricate more

1 - 17 of 17 Posts