Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm still a lurker of the link. Someday I plan to buy another Viggen when the funds allow. For now, I'm enjoying my DD GLI.

I caved in and had my ECU flashed. Got the fully loaded APR ECU on sale for the holidays. Should be in the 220-230 whp and 245-260 wtq neighborhood. Woke the 2.0T engine up for sure! Tough to say if the old Viggen is faster or even, the power in the GLI just comes on so much smoother.

Also added some smoked side markers since I hated the OEM yellow ones. My future mod list will go as follows:

-Tint(35% fronts, 20% the rest)
-Billy Boat down pipe(re-flash the ECU to stage 2)
-BSH catch can
-Suspension(most likely H&R coils)

The DP and suspension wont come for a while, but I plan to change them down the road. Tints will be done in a month or so, as well as the catch can. Also changing out the cam follower(common failure) and a few other weak links.

Thought i would share!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Meh - sounds decent, but it looks like a Passat/Jetta and those just are icky looking cars IMHO - sorry, but glad you like it and are enjoying it. I would love to have an MK1 GTI however, so I am not completely anti-VW - I just hate pretty much anything past the MK2 era. How is the price market for the tuning/aftermarket on those? Anything like Saab's are now/were?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Meh - sounds decent, but it looks like a Passat/Jetta and those just are icky looking cars IMHO - sorry, but glad you like it and are enjoying it. I would love to have an MK1 GTI however, so I am not completely anti-VW - I just hate pretty much anything past the MK2 era. How is the price market for the tuning/aftermarket on those? Anything like Saab's are now/were?
To each their own. No head turner at stock ride height and stock wheels. This is the look I'm going for

Lowered on RS4's should look good in my opinion.

As far as aftermarket, the prices really are not bad. More expensive than parts for the Saab, but nothing outrageous. Thats if you stay away from APR, their exhausts are in the 2k range for a TBE. It might be high to some, but I had a B5 S4 before my Viggen, so I was aware of the prices. The aftermarket is pretty big so you have a bunch of options.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Car looks great and those are awesome power numbers for the short list of mods you have. I never gave these cars much thought, but the work you and jameson have done to your respective VW's has shown that they can produce some substantial, reliable power at an affordable cost. I had a B5 S4 too and would love another soon, but a car like yours or the CC makes just as much sense considering the enhanced reliability and decreased maintenance costs. Again, your car looks great! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Second glance at these cars - I think it's that rear curve from the rear glass to the trunk - something in those lines is not right - that aside it's not a bad looking little car.

Those "CC" dubs are interesting - I've yet to drive one, but have seen them up close. They are a neat looking VW I will admit. It's nice to hear good things about their reputations - they never used to be a crappy company - so I guess it's too that they have made large leaps in improvements.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car looks great and those are awesome power numbers for the short list of mods you have. I never gave these cars much thought, but the work you and jameson have done to your respective VW's has shown that they can produce some substantial, reliable power at an affordable cost. I had a B5 S4 too and would love another soon, but a car like yours or the CC makes just as much sense considering the enhanced reliability and decreased maintenance costs. Again, your car looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks man, I loved my B5 S, but that thing was a money pit! Fun with an APR flash and gutted piggies though. Had the dreaded "dentist drill" sound. Took a big loss on that sale! Do miss that car at times though.

Second glance at these cars - I think it's that rear curve from the rear glass to the trunk - something in those lines is not right - that aside it's not a bad looking little car.

Those "CC" dubs are interesting - I've yet to drive one, but have seen them up close. They are a neat looking VW I will admit. It's nice to hear good things about their reputations - they never used to be a crappy company - so I guess it's too that they have made large leaps in improvements.
CC is definitely a real looker. They also come with the TSI motor, whereas my car comes with the FSI. They made some improvements to the motor, mostly the weak spots in the FSI.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
that looks pretty nice, but I do agree with Burnside, the curve from the glass to the trunk, there's just something that a little screwed up with the lines there. I can't really put my finger on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.