Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping the Mazda6 and was all set to get a loaded one before I saw the incentives on t he 9-3 ans test drove one. The rest is history...

Now, maybe a few time that I've had my annoying car issues (stalling, squeaks) I may have wished that I had gotten the 6. (Not the case anymore as everything is going well - with an ocasional rattle)

Well, I guess I'm glad that I didn't get the Mazda. I happened to take a look at some forums I used to go to when shopping the car, to see if they were mad that the new Madzda3 has some stuff that you can't get on a 6 (NAV, HID).

Apparantly, there is a widespread rust issue on the doors under the weather stripping - and in the trunk on some cars as well. People are FREAKING OUT. Dominated the forums since discovery in October. Someone even started a page just for the rust problem

Also noticed issues w/ flooding the engine in the RX-8 rotary if you shut the car off before it's fully warmed up. Besides the well publicized HP overstatement/buyback with the RX-8. What a mess over there

Here's a link to the Mazda6 rust page, if anyone's interested. Check out the gallery if you go there. I'd be pretty angry if that was my car

http://www.4doorzoom.1hwy.com/mazda6/problems/rust.html

Rattles don't seem so bad now, do they? :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the info, one of my friends has a 6 and I just passed that along to him... I'm glad I got a 9-3 too! No problems as of yet! (04 model) 8) :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
A MAzda 6 was a possibility for me as a next car - but I don't think I'll bother. I'll add that to the Honda Accord, which I've heard through TSL is full of rattles too.

I think basically all new (i.e. from the ground up) cars have teething problems. Maybe the Saabs aren't so bad after all. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was tossing up between the 9-3, A4 and M6 (with the M6 a close second). I'm glad it remained second.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also considered the Mazda 6, also the Rx-8 and the G35... most days I am glad I pick my 9-3 some days I want the G35, but overall I am happy with my Saab! 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saba said:
I was tossing up between the 9-3, A4 and M6 (with the M6 a close second). I'm glad it remained second.
Ditto, though the A4 was the close second, not the Mazda6. Wouldn't mind a (BMW) M6 though...,. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enobar said:
Saba said:
Ditto, though the A4 was the close second, not the Mazda6. Wouldn't mind a (BMW) M6 though...,. :lol:
I LOVE my car, but is anyone thinking about what they are getting after this car yet? I am still planning on getting an e46 M3. The M6 is the nicest Banglized car made, but sooooo much $. Saab better come up with a Viggen soon to lure me back in a few years!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Haven't looked that far ahead yet, but if my experience with this Saab continues to be great I will seriously look at another Saab. I must admit if the 9-3 was released with 250+hp (Viggen version?), it would take a lot of convincing to get something else. Maybe even a new model 9-5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts