Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1164 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to call you out for thinking you'd get away with screwing me over. You asked for it....you got it.

*This is not meant to get anyone to side with me, it is only meant to share my dealings with this person and giving you my perspective of this whole situation. Feel free to comment, though I doubt that any unbiased comment can be given seeing as how this person is well known by many. Try and look at it objectively and make the facts speak for themselves. I'm out $400 and no valid explanation has been given.

Adam

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
You trusted the wrong guy then. Not saying Andy did it but he didn't do a good job of sending you the items once he accepted responsibility to ship to you. He has no proof. It's still your bad for trusting him I guess and his for being naive about shipping paperwork. I'm sorry to see this type of thing happen. Stuff does get lost in the mail but it's only compounded by the fact he has no paperwork for you.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
popular night for these threads....

USPS does lose items, many of them. The custom forms could have been lost too.

Andy should have kept the receipt, I make the "oh I maybe paid with credit/debit cash" error all the time when my wife asks. It happens.

You were trying to avoid paying duties, things didnt work, now everyone loses.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
regardless of how this turns out, it's pretty stupid that you're putting yourself out there for smuggling (which is basically what you were doing)

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
when i bought my t7 ecu from Andy i didn't get a tracking # and the package got delayed from being shipped out, but once he found that out he sent it out next day shipping.

i would buy from him again.

it seems he should have kept the paper work, but i really doubt he would have kept your items especially with all the smooth transactions you have had in the past, as well as the fight he put up to get peoples headers fixed or money refunded.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I had these items shipped to him so he could reship me all the items together at once and put a small value on the package to help me from getting clipped on duties,taxes and brokerage etc..
Serves you right for trying to beat the system.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I don't even know who this andy fellow is, but from my unbiased perspective the only thing that may even slightly point to him is the missing customs document. But given the entirely missing package, that isn't too much evidence.

You said you've been burned this way before, so why do you keep doing this? Why don't you just pay your taxes like a good citizen and you won't have this problem. :confused:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hoooboy. This won't end well.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Hey I'll admit I've been given two different forms for shipping stuff to Canada. One is a multi layer carbon copy where you get one of the copies and the other is a small two piece from where you get the smaller off the halves.

I lost the smaller half that was mine to keep on the last package I sent to Canada so that may be what happened on Andy's end of the paper work. I'll second that I've not once had any bad dealings with Andy and that he does try to go beyond the usual to make things right.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Your package must have crossed a customs guy with a 9000.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Hi, it's me.

I will not edit this thread, or change anything.

I'm replying to this so people know I am not ignoring this issue. I am quite frustrated at this point, and it's too bad that this could not be resolved through the emails and phone conversations we have had.

People who have dealt with me in the past know I am honest.

I will say this as simply as possible: I sent the package to you. I have no proof. Having no proof is my fault.

I did not keep track of anything, because the 3 previous shipments went fine.

Given your penchant for paranoia, I'm not surprised you decided that I stole this from you. That is not the case. hopefully it shows up sometime.

Did you make a list of the "stolen" items?

Of all the expensive stuff I have sent you, why would I suddenly
choose to screw you over on this particular one?

Why would I reply to your emails?

Why would I call you un-blocked from my WORK phone?

9000 ball joints? I don't own a 9000.

Engine re-build kit? I have a C900 with 75k on it, and a 9-3 with a
30k re-built motor. I don't need a re-build kit.

A bluetooth headset? yeah, no. Wearing one of those makes you look like a cut-rate shoe salesman. Fuck those things.

Adam, you know where we stand.

Now I'm not going to post in this thread anymore.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Hey I'll admit I've been given two different forms for shipping stuff to Canada. One is a multi layer carbon copy where you get one of the copies and the other is a small two piece from where you get the smaller off the halves.

I lost the smaller half that was mine to keep on the last package I sent to Canada so that may be what happened on Andy's end of the paper work. I'll second that I've not once had any bad dealings with Andy and that he does try to go beyond the usual to make things right.
I ship stuff internationally all the time, if it was over 3 or 4 pounds, it was the large multi layered carbon copy dealie. If it was less (sounds like it was), you dont get anything, the green one stays on the package, the white copy gets kept at the PO, and honestly they throw em in a box never to be found again. USPS looses stuff, customs delays things, I wouldn't be surprised if the thing shows up eventually. I've had domestic shipments get "stalled" places for a month before, and still get delivered.

Given your penchant for paranoia, I'm not surprised you decided that I stole this from you. That is not the case. hopefully it shows up sometime.
oooh! maybe the government took the package!

Paul

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I had something similar happen due to the fact that the shipper did not apply enough postage. I was able to use the shippers name, date sent and post office sent from to have them cruise the computer system and find the package. I got it 30 days late. It was not international. Too bad you didn't ship it legal. They cough up the insurance money without too much difficulty.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
USPS looses stuff, customs delays things, I wouldn't be surprised if the thing shows up eventually. I've had domestic shipments get "stalled" places for a month before, and still get delivered.
This happened on a shipment I got over the winter. Damn thing took three months to travel from Alberta to Cleveland. I could have walked it home myself quicker than that, I believe. And there was no way to track it.

1 - 20 of 1164 Posts