Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all my new mods I was thinking about things and just wondering what 4 gauges people reccomend I should get?

Also I know my car stock can hit 155 ( not that ive done it a few times or anything.....) is there anyway to get a different speedomoter that goes to 200MPH?

·
Registered
352 Posts
you can get a digital speedo that looks just like a gauge, can be placed in the a-pillar
sorry, i can't find a link for it

or a mechanical speedo
http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?pa...=speedometer&deptid=&parentid=&itemsperpage=9

3 things though....one, your car probably can't go 200mph, it has to be geared differently to go that speed. two, right now even though your speedo goes up to 155mph, your car probably doesn't go 155mph b/c after a certain speed, manufacturers don't correct the speedo for very fast speeds. three, the saab probably won't be able to go 200mph for the reason of drag; the car is simply not aerodynamically capable of going 200mph unless it has 1000hp

hope this helps

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fully realize the car will prob never be able to hit 200 MPH but at the same time theres no reason to get a speedo that goes to 175.... when i can just get a 200 one...

Anyway I want to replace the in dash one... anyone know where i can get one that looks nice and goes to 200?

·
Registered
352 Posts
how about one that goes to 200 kph :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
anyone who looks at the gauge won't be able to tell the difference :wink:

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn anyone know where i can get one? or even what i would need?

·
Registered
352 Posts
seriously now....i'm thinking you might have to replace the entire gauge cluster, i don't think the speedo face can just come out

anyone know if this is true?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well what if i did a seperate guage and mounted it on the dash.... what kind would i need to get to connect it and have it work with the saab?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think i'd be a better idea to mount a touch screen LCD in the dash. You could hook up a GPS to the system and not have to worry about rewireing anything. GPS will be wayyyyyyyyy more accurate than any gauge could ever be.

Best of luck!

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well... as soon as i get 4,000$ to do that ill let you know

LOL

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
try the pioneer avcn1 i think its called? does all virtual gauges and shit and its a 7.5 inche touch lcd screen...also does dvd's, cd's cdrws and the rest of that good stuff...retails for like 1300 on eabay for around a grand.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i will post up a pic of my gauges.. i have the 3 dim from sasab.. although it prob wouldnt work unless u had an NG900.. if u have the 9-3 version it will not work..its very sleeper looking i love the way they look.

·
Registered
352 Posts
pioneer avcn1 i think its called? does all virtual gauges and shit and its a 7.5 inche touch lcd screen
i can build a personal in-car PC system for you that can read obdII inputs and display on 7" lcd touchscreen

inquire if interested

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
ive got a boost and air/fuel gauge for sale....check the for sale section...i wanna upgrade to a set of defi gauges with a defi link II system,,,it allows you to log three minutes or realtime data and play it back...only issue is all gauges are electronic..nd im not sure how to hook up an delectric boost gauge

1 - 14 of 14 Posts