Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 9-3, and was wondering if anyone knew of a pod that would mach closest to the A-pillar. i know the 9-3 is more angled than my 1996 900se so i cant use that one.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats correct. I used an S10 pod, heated it up to mold it and had the whole thing reupholstered. You can see pics on my webpage (click the WWW below my post).

Currently there aren't any pods made to fit our cars :evil:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i have heard that too...but the 9-3 seems to have a little more of an angle to it.....i will try if its to far off ill just send it back...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went to a local speed shop and asked the guy to let me take a few out to the parking lot. I just fit a few on just to see which was the closest. I ended up using a mid 90's mustang dual guage pod and used a heat gun to mold it. Be careful with the heat gun, it can melt the plastic and make it bubble if u keep it too close.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey, i used a dual pod from a ford excursion.
This has got to be the closest fit i found.
The only spot i shaped was the bottom the make a V shape to fit the pillar.
I just put it over a stove and heated it up a little, enough to shape and bent it (i took the pillar to the kitchen).
How this helps

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright then...excursion it is....i found a mustang pod for only 15$ so maybe ill get both if i find an excursion one for cheap...thanks trexturk

·
Registered
251 Posts
lucky i had a heat gun cause i was really dumb......i didnt want to take the a pillar out cause i thought it was kinda attached at the top. I finally got the whole pillar out cause someone told me i could do that (after i was finished), but i did all the work out in the cold sitting in my car

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
LOL...you sat out in your car in the cold doing it, when you could've removed it? I have to give you an A for excellent effort man. 8)

·
Registered
251 Posts
why thank you.....i really thoguht it was sewed on, cause i started to take it off and peeked in there and i saw black threads in there. They turned out to be just loose ends to the material i tihnk but i was convinced they were somehow sewn on there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts