Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering how can i fix my gas gauge, everytime i fill up it just stops at the line before the full. i have use fuel injection cleaners because they clear up gas gauge faulty. I acutally do have a Saab 95 fuel pump in my car right now. i think that might be the problem. Or it might be a broken gauge cluster im not sure. what do you guys think? Anybody have this same problem?

the line stops at the yellow line

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
That does not seem too off to me... It should not go much higher then this. Perhaps one of the contact brushes in the tank on the float is worn. You can replace just the float levels - but you must remove the fuel pump to do this - so in your case you would have to lower the tank

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, i see well when i had my stock fuel pump like the needle was all the way to the top. its not a big problem but it kind bugs me i might just have to deal with it. its not worth to lower the tank just to fix this lol

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Im not sure but the float maybe slightly different on the 9-5. Upon installing fuel pumps the float arm might become slightly bent thus giving a different full fuel reading

1 - 5 of 5 Posts