Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if these are a common issue with the 9-5s. The one in my '07 has gone flakey (sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't) so for the moment I removed it so I don't have to be embarassed at gas stations any more when I need to pull out a flatblade and move the arm with that (since the '07s don't have an emergency release).

If it is a common issue, what's the benefit to replacing it, other than having my gas door lock with the rest of the car?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I dont understand why they did away with the button on the door...is it getting stuck ? Try using some lubricant to see if that helps...I know the gas door on my 9-3 is junk it has some sort of snap in place door...looks like it belongs on a Kia.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Out of warranty? Sounds like it just needs a new actuator...

The reason was b/c this way it locks with the door and you don't need a locking fuel cap. The idea is to prevent fuel theft - as with any area, there is always some dumb ass trying to steal something.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
53k Miles, so yes it's out of warranty. I really should have taken it in when it did it the first time while in warranty, however I didn't think it was going to be an issue. I found out earlier that it's only a $30ish part... Maybe I'll just replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts