Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You load your total vehicle weight, including driver, any passengers, any other items in the trunk, backseat, etc., the do an acceleration run. Using GPS, the internal accelerometer, and the known weight, it then calculates your results.

Here's the 9-7X Aero:

And check this out, by tapping location ^, it then maps where you did the run:

I like the 0-60 time -- not too shabby for a 6000 lb vehicle!

Even graphs the power curve:

And you can load multiple vehicles:

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Sweet!

I know when the other apps like it came out, ie dynolisious you had to hold the phone perfectly still. Is this true with this app?

EDIT: Just DLed PocketDyno (free)

I'll have to try it out sometime ;)

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Neat app. I know there's a few of those around but I've never tried one.

I like the 0-60 time -- not too shabby for a 6000 lb vehicle!
I show the 9-7x weighing in at 4781 pounds, without any additional weight, of course.

Also is yours modded? Aren't they 390bhp/400tq? I know these aren't scientific measurements, but 435hp seems about 75-100 high at the wheels, doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a windsheild mount specifically for this purpose. Mount it, tap the graphic "Christmas tree" and do the run. Fun as hell.

Caveat though: Make sure your weight is accurate. I know mine is over estimated, hence the 435 whp. Factory rated it as 390 crank hp. I just need to take somewhere to be weighed.

GTO came up with 404whp, which is pretty accurate.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neat app. I know there's a few of those around but I've never tried one.

I show the 9-7x weighing in at 4781 pounds, without any additional weight, of course.

Also is your modded? Aren't they 390bhp/400tq? I know these aren't scientific measurements, but 435hp seems about 75-100 high at the wheels, doesn't it?
I based the weight on the stated weight in Edmunds.com. No doubt it's over estimated. Like I said, need to get it accurately weighed. Local landfill has scales I can use.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I based the weight on the stated weight in Edmunds.com. No doubt it's over estimated. Like I said, need to get it accurately weighed. Local landfill has scales I can use.
Hmm, Edmunds lists the curb weight at 4781, too?

If you're looking at the gross weight, that's not vehicle (curb) weight. GVWR is the maximum allowable weight of the vehicle when loaded.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meh. That's probably what I did...DOH! In a hurry to do a run, I guess.

I'll get it weight properly and post some results in the next day or three.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huh. I just changed vehicle weight to 5031 (4781 plus driver) and the results immediately change -- no need to do a re-run:

Seems much more reasonable, although I still want to get the thing weighed...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Regardless, that thing looks silly fast. Makes me want one. :twisted:
I'm telling you, the 9-7X really did get a bad rap for "not being a true Saab" when it came out. Who the hell cares when it goes like a bat out of hell? This thing is a blast!

The sleeper factor is what really clinches the deal with this vehicle for me.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't had the opp'ty to try, but it does have the optional towing package.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Generic SC comment about racing on public roads.

Nice runs!

It's no surprise how fast the 9-7X is. Shoehorn a Vette motor into anything and it'll be scary fast! :lol:
Thanks!

Technically wasn't racing--there were no other vehicles involved... ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts