Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody please tell me where i can find a complete exhaust for my 96 900 turbo? Im talking 2 1/2 all the way , downpipe with a sport cat through the backbox. My factory downpipe is done and my car is loud as hell. I need the obnoxious noise gone. Please somebody post a reply!!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
www.GenuineSaab.com

Sport Exhaust system or JT Exhaust System (3")

I have the JT System (catless) on my 96 900 SET and it sounds nice...not loud but deeper than stock, also provides performance increases.

If you want a system WITH cat, its going to be more than one without.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now what happens when it comes time for you to pass emissions, you slipping the guy a 20 dollar bill or what?? This is why i want a cat.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Well here in the midwest, we don't have emission checks. So I can get away with not having it.

In your case what most people do is purchase the catless exhaust system from Genuine Saab and buy the cat from another company (you can find a cat online for about $40). Then when you have the system installed, just have them add the cat as well. Tends to save money, and you can pass emissions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill definetely take that in to consideration. Thanks a lot, you've already been a lot of help!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
No problem 8)

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Even though it doesn´t apply to this car, remeber that if you have a 9-3 with LPT 154hp, the car won´t run at peak performance if you remove the cat. If the second lamda is too high, the Trionic thinks the cat is broken and therefore puts the program in "limp-home" mode, which means looow power ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
the do have one for the NG, it's not on the site but I emailed.

turbo to tailpipe, with cat, 2.5" all stainless, I think he quoted me at $1050, but I can't remember for sure

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
CO-Saab said:
I would also ask Jeff at http://scanwestauto.com/ or Bo at www.Engstrom.net

They will be able to get you a SS system for cheaper than anyone else, at lest when i was looking that was the case. Probably around $1000 turbo to tail pipe
Group 9 Performance has a SS system as well, also one for the Viggen for around $1000.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just purchased the 3" JT system from taliaferro, with a cat, turbo to back box for $850.

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Info: When you install a 3", you´ll probably need to modify the WG! Test the installtion with disconnectiong the magnetic valve and run a few strips with a good turbo gauge. You´ll see that the pressure rises on high rpms. That needs to addressed, otherwise you can get dangerous knocks, since the ECU can´t compensate enough. My pressure rose from standard 0.4bar to 0.6 which is way too high. I´ll need to modify the WG before going stage 3. Those of you with a B204R (9-3 200hp T5, not the 205 T7) already have this modification and should not see this rise in pressure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now first, when you write "WG" you mean wastegate correct? Second, do i need an uprated ecu to run a 3' exhaust?/?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So what kind of afternarket wastegate can i get for my 96 saab turbo?? It's been very rare that I've seen a saab with an aftermarket wastegate. So if you could help me out I'd appreciate it. I dont want to destroy my saab.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts