Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my exhaust finished yesterday and it was fine for a few hours. Later in the night, My boost gauge was reading only about 10psi instead of 15ish, suddenly my Forge BPV started fluttering so I checked under the hood. The vacuum line from the BPV to the intake had come loose and I couldn't get it back on because the line was in such bad shape. I drove the car home not pushing it hard at all, but soon afterwards a CEL came on, so I figured it was the BPV. Well, I got the new vacuum line today and I'm still hearing the fluttering, the CEL is still there but everything else looks normal. Any thoughts of what I should do?

The exhaust is nuts btw, I'll post more on that later.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Check and adjust base boost.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do i do that? I looked around a bit more today and found a vacuum line that had blown apart. It's located under the intake hose and connects to the little device with the 3 hoses attached to it (cant remember what it's called) Anyways, this blown line tapers from one size to another and has a hard line on one side. I replaced it with some extra silicone hose I had laying around and now the car drives fine again. plenty of boost, no more fluttering, BUT the CEL is still there. no idea why

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Sounds like it could have done it.

Just pull the ECU fuses/battery for like 15 seconds and the CEL should go away. If it comes back. Get it checked. But it probably was related to your boost issue.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Yeah, reset the light and see if it comes back. If it's driving fine again, I bet you've solved your problem.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everything is fine again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts