Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the test point on the fuel rail to hook up a guage (actual location)?

I have a 97 900S 2.3L

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
There should be a shreader valve in the center of the fuel rail. It may be covered by a black cap.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
? Why would you be putting a vacuum on that. It should be pressurized, and gas will shoot out if you open it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
? Why would you be putting a vacuum on that. It should be pressurized, and gas will shoot out if you open it up.
oops. too quick too type. i meant i have a shock pump for a full suspension mountain bike that threads onto a shraeder valve. do you think that will work?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
No. I wouldn't.

If you had just a gauge maybe, but not a bike pump gauge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i can't seem to find the shraeder valve on 97 900S's fuel rail.

I removed the fuel pressure regulator, at the end of the rail and fuel came out. is that suffice for checking if there's fuel in the rail?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
oops. too quick too type. i meant i have a shock pump for a full suspension mountain bike that threads onto a shraeder valve. do you think that will work?
Those pumps would fall apart if you hooked up one to a fuel line. Rubber internals wouldn't like it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I believe the schrader valve is only present on 9-3's with T7 engine management. For T5, Saab sells a tool that goes in between the fuel rail and fuel line. I'm sure you could make something also.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
You could make something. It would be a bit pricey though.

Probably around $60 by the time all is said and done. You need a 5/16" female and male quick disconnects with a gauge adapter to go in between them.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I was thinking cut the plastic lines and make a tee out of some brass nipples.
Yea I guess there is that route too, but that could get messy. If not done properly it could lead to more expensive repairs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts