Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bringing some drop-dead gorgeous "lovely" home after seeing she had maybe 10 too many to drink... She forgets where she lives, and I spend the night listening to phony directions, while she laughs at each stop we make.

Seeing that I needed fuel, I pulled into the next Shell station I could find, filled up for $25.00. Turn the key to start the car again....it was missing a sound I'm use to but after trying again, then again....(never needed to turn it more than once)....and a quick diagnosis running around in 36 degree temps...no fuel pressure, maybe fuel pump was indeed finally out.

Cost
Taxi cab to get the giggling woman home, $70.00.
Call to a friend to get me home....$0.00, weekend cell rate;
to take that look off his face for calling him at 3 am, $15.00 for gas.

Seeing the giggling woman come back in the cab to want a ride home with me, because she was too drunk to remember.....aww dayum.

Original fuel pump quote from the "best non-Dealership SAAB shop" $500.00
Towing to the best non-Dealership SAAB ship "right down the street", $65.00.
Phone call follow-up fuel pump quote, $962.00.
Pick-up car the next day cost $1180.00.
Re-filling at Shell station, a lil over $26.00.

Awww but feeling like a "King of the Road" while driving my car again .....priceless.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Damn that does suck man. Sorry to hear about that. They may have ripped you off on that install ;) but at least you got your car quickly.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks.....for the sentiments.

Guess it wasn't a question of not knowing how, rather a question of having the conveniance of time to do it.

That was pretty much the last thing I knew needed replacing sooner or later, the fuel pump. I wish the car had a mechanical one off the block, and only needed the electronic one as an assist. But this should be okay for a while.

Back to more adventures... in DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts