Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i cut a bigger hole under the rear seats to access the fuel pump. But right on top of the fuel pump is a "Y" shaped check valve. I checked on eeuro parts to see how much they are if i break them but they are all only "L shaped, not Ys. Am i removing the right check valves? These hoses are right on top of the fuel pump cover, preventing me from removing the fuel pump itself. Any input would help, thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im thinking he's acidentally cut the hole, in the wrong direction. I did the same thing when replacing my pump, theres a round black plug on top of the tank with some sort of 3 way valve on top of it.

@ 9k aero: If the object i have described sounds like what you are looking at, then you need to make an acces hole on the opposite side of the one you have already made, dont feel bad though, I did the same thing...lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah what JK, jared, and Tweek said. Think you're going the wrong direction there. Just a guess anyway, since I did mine recently the same way, and I saw none of that. What I did was look for photos, and then feel around in that existing cutout for the lines and wires. Pics would help us a great deal, but I think you're probably going the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bad picture, but this is when I butchered up my floor to get to the fuel pump:

Fair warning, the check valves (black and white L shape plugs), are very brittle, and will break when trying to take them out with any kind of force.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My check valves didn't break, although the tab was busted on the assembly that went back in. No biggie, since I just bought the recall fix for that from GS. Mine was replaced with a used assembly since my sending unit for the gauge took a dive. I still replaced the pressure side check valve anyway, since it was a little questionable looking when I pulled it. Also, make sure those o rings are good and in place, dont want any fuel leaks. And find a way to patch the floor well, unless you like exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hole that I made is slightly to the right of the center. It's on the passenger side. Am I looking at the wrong resevoir? It's a black circle with one hose coming from the middle of it.

·
10,303 Posts
Maybe you found your charcoal canister?

You need a white round thing, with 2 hoses coming out and a plug with 4 wires or so. There is also a ring like the lid of a canning jar that holds it all in place.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll look again. also, do you guys know where the fuel pump relay is? maybe thats it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can you give me more description sorry i dont understand. Its not in the fuse area right? I took out the large plastic piece under the steering wheel. should it be there?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Problem fixed. I bought the fuel pump motor for $75. Car is working now. The thing i was looking at earlier was not the fuel pump. it was on the passenger side. So i had to cut more of the sheet metal towards the driver side and found the fuel pump. Replaced the motor and the car still wouldn't start up. Stupid of me, I forgot to remove the red cap on the bottom of the fuel pump motor where the gas goes. Second try with the cap removed and everything installed and the car started up :) The process took awhile because it was t he first time I did this, but doesnt seem to bad now that the metal is already cut. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts