Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it looks like spring is in sight, decided I should get the old 88 Airflow driving.

The previous owner rigged up the fuel line highlighted in the attaced picture.

I know that the whole line (that includes the valve) should be replaced.

But I'm wondering if this is the same check valve that goes on the end of the fuel line:
eEuroparts - Fuel Pump Check Valve Kit (Feed Valve) - # 4161766A

Or does it function the same and thus interchangeable?

The one that was in the car did not have that flared nozzle on the bottom end, but it is flat (at the little mesh hole). Might not be original though.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Suggest buying the eEuro feed pipe, then swapping the check valve bits from the new one to the old Which is doable, but not fun. Although replacing the valve (not the entire fuel line as well) is the Saab Manual suggested approach
Other question is: How is this existing valve broken? the L shaped plastic can be/is broken by inept handling, but beyond that it doesn't self destruct

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, do you have a link to the feed pipe?

Took a photo to show the difference in the check valves/nozzles.

The nozzle on the left is what was rigged in the car. It is broken just above my pointer. It was previously glued together.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Presumably the left/broken one is the Low pressure "return" line/valve.
Judging by the 'repair' rubber hose that's fitted, it must be.
There's NO using that setup on the Hi pressure outlet line.
Saab dicked with the fitting of check valves on the return line, going from no check valve, to a check valve and then back to no check valve on all the later cars.
It serves NO actual purpose. Don't even think twice about deleting it.. On the Return Line only though.
There is NO need for a check valve on the return line
So no biggie... just buy the eEuro return feed L shaped bit, for a few $$, swap it out and jobs' done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts