Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so my car isnt getting enough gas apparently. I replaced the CPS thinking that would cure my No-start problem, then I replaced the MAF, also to no avail. The FPR (pressure regulator) is also brand new, as well as the fuel filter. The car gets spark, and it will start on ether. I primed the pump, and released the test valve on the rail, and barely got a trickle... Any input? fuel pump? a check valve? I need my car back to keep the miles off of my DSM.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There's a fuel pump relay (is that your FPR or is that your fuel pressure regulator?) under the dash. Please reread what you wrote because this sentence is confusing..."The car gets spark, but it will start on ether." Wouldn't a car start with spark and ether...why the 'but'... Also what type of engine do you have? Have you switched out your DIC (direct ignition cassette)?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would say fuel pump if your only getting a dribble out of the valve, my fuel pump died in February, it would sputter then die, sputter then die, what you can TRY to do is hit your fuel tank on the bottom while someone is trying to start it, that can SOMETIMES get the pump to move again if its not 100% gone but I would only do that if your stuck away from home and not AT home to go somewhere, who knows when it will fail again. Oh and FYI the fuel tank hitting didnt work on mine, when we took the pump out it was destroyed inside, crunchy sounds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a fuel pump relay (is that your FPR or is that your fuel pressure regulator?) under the dash. Please reread what you wrote because this sentence is confusing..."The car gets spark, but it will start on ether." Wouldn't a car start with spark and ether...why the 'but'... Also what type of engine do you have? Have you switched out your DIC (direct ignition cassette)?
Fixed. and yes the DIC has been recently replaced, The car has spark. Where exactly is this relay you speak of?

·
Registered
287 Posts
More than likely, and what is your car specifically by the way? Some have access to the pump from inside easy and some you have to cut holes in your car (or drop the tank but thats not fun with a full tank and rusted straps). Mine would do the exact same thing as yours does, it had spark, if we put some gas in each cylinder it would fire then die. Just as a word of warning if you decide to replace it, either buy new check valves for the fuel lines or be VERY carefull pulling them off the top of the pump, the fuel line is nylon and the valves are pressed into the line, over time they become so brittle that they break, oh and you will need new o-rings for the lines and pump seal too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 2000 9-3. It has a small acess hole, which IMO is really useless. Im just gonna cut it wider with a pair of snips, dremel it smooth, and apint the bare metal to prevent rust. Thanks for the info. As soon as I get out of class today, ill order a new one. :) im excited that my car may finally run again! Its getting to be that time of year, and the talon is just begging for hibernation :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts