Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done everything possible to fix my no start, it is now down to fuel. Car get fuel to the rail, but its not passing through the injectors. my question is, WHICH injectors are compatible with my 2000 9-3 base?

Thanks,

-Jared

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
How sure are you that you're getting enough fuel to the rail? I doubt all the injectors failed at once!

Pull the rail out with the injectors attached, and watch during a crank to see if they fire fuel at you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have p1676 code, Open loop in fuel injector circut. I replaced ALL of the swires for the ecu, to the injectors to no avail, Im really lost. maybe the computer is shot? but ive been told that that is impossible....

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I would get an injector test lamp - they're cheap - so you can check and see if you're getting the correct pulsed signal to the injectors.

You will need a test light for Bosch 'PFI' or Port Fuel Injection style injectors.

When you crank the engine over it will blink when each injector fires. No light or light constantly lit will tell you what you need to do to work further.

It's possible the ECU is bad, but if you get another one you will have to find a shop to program it to your car for you, or buy it from a tuner who can program the immobilizer code into it so it will run when you put it into your car.

Drew

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already tested with noid lights, bosh PFI, and when all of the injector plugs are connected, exept for the one im testing, No light. However, when all of the injecors are unplugged, the light flashes. Im lost right now,...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ALSO, I took a wire, and connnected to all tof the signal wires (ground wires) on the injectors, and tapped them to a ground (battery) while my brother was cranking the car, and it started.

ANY input would be appreciated

·
Registered
293 Posts
If the noid light will light with no injectors plugged in but nothing with all but one plugged in it sounds like one of your injectors is shorted. Try ohmming out each injector, not sure what the exact resistance should be but normally around 2 ohms for an injector is good.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
its very rare that an ECU just craps out. i would check a few other things first

I would start with checking for a crank signal. this is by far the most common reason injectors dont pulse.

from there i would check the grounds on the engine bay.

Then after that, i would run a basic check for spark, and fuel pump, just to make sure i didnt miss anything

let us know if the new ECU mends the issue
Mike d

1 - 20 of 22 Posts