Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have a faulty check valve and wanted to replace it after installing my 255LH pump. However, the new check valve appears to be bigger and will not go in the test line that pulled from the fuel canister.

Also after reading the forums, I tried to heat up the line in water but the supply line is too short. I was going to try a blow dryer or heat gun but I was concerned with igniting the fuel.

I was thinking that the best solution is to replace the line but it looks like it has a special end on the fuel filter connection.

Can anyone help with any other solutions? Can I just replace the line easily with 5/16 rubber line? What about the fuel filter connection?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I avoid heating those plastic lines. Grab that plastic line about 1 inch from the end with a brake line flaring tool. Push and twist the check valve into the line

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I cut the old line off right at the end of the fitting with a razor blade or a really sharp knife, don't use side cutters, it crushes the line, then just press the new one on with it the 1/2" or whatever shorter.

If you drop the tank down a little you will have more space to maneuver the line into position too, it's kind of wedged between the top of the tank and the underside of the trunk floor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem I am running into is that the new check valve is now 3/8 as opposed to the stock line of 5/16. That is a little much to overcome with the fitting. I was going to use 5/16 rubber fuel line with a nylon 5/16 hose barb and run it over the stock line and clamp it down. Or, I need to find a brass hose barb that goes from 5/16 Nylon hose barb to 3/8 rubber hose. The sizing is very different between plastic hose and rubber hose. Does anyone have experience doing this?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You may have the wrong part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts