Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car was vandalized. I recived an email from our Parking Servies dpt stating that there was a powder on my car and if I was aware of it. I was not. Of course my class had just started so I had to wait until I got out to see how bad it really was. I was thinking someone just put baby powder on my car or something. But I had no idea until I saw it after class. I guess as vandalism goes, its not that bad but....

Waiting to hear back from the UMass Police, so I can meet up with them and file a report.

All my friends say that didn't do it, and I believe them. But this was deliberate.

Pics and more info to follow.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just spoke with them, they said it was probably a prank...but I dont know. I asked all my friends, and they said they didn't do it.

But you can kinda see the door was tried to open.

What it seems like they did was washed the car over with flour/baby powder and water so it crusted over all over the car as if it were road salt. Then things were written into it...You know retarded college kids....

But I can tell that someone tried to enter the car because they tried to do so after they powdered it, so you can see the finger/hand prints on the handle. I told the UMPD this and the lady on the phone was like "oh ok, well the officer took pictures(like the 59 time she said that to me) and if the officer would have seen it he would include it in his report." Like wtf, argh.

Gotta wash it off....like really the week before finals no less.

Shit heads.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mind you I haven't driven my car for over a week, and theres been no snow or salt on the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
DUDE!

What is that a fire extinguisher?

Anyways, my c900 got vandalized at school too. Someone smashed my amber beacon on the ground and snapped my awesome CB antenna in half.

·
Registered
965 Posts
sorry to see that...This happened to me a few weeks ago exceptI got keyed reallly badly. And it was sitting at my house!! People have no respect for other people's things

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it was a fire extinguisher, kinda looks like it. I'll have to call up my dad to ask. He already advised me to test with iodine to see if its baby powder/corn flower based(i think).

Thing is, none of my friends know where I park my car since I drop them off at their rooms then I park. And this was too targeted, but again I believe that none of my friends did this.

·
Registered
859 Posts
fuck spiny rims

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Reason I did go to Amherst. Every asshole i went to school with went there and failed out.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Sucks! My son Matt's college friends used to write "penis" and shit like that in the road salt on his car. I'd see it when he drove the car home for the holidays. He's either clueless or didn't care. Never actually put shit on his car to write in though, that's really shitty.

BTW, who owns the other c900 in the parking lot?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
who's green Saab is in the background?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Fuck all of Massachusetts. I had my old c900T robbed outside of Wentworth, while I was attending NEU. Some douche-muffins smashed the passenger window and snagged my CD player. Crappy 90 minute commute that day.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no idea, but that c900 vert along with 2 9000s and two 95s and a 93 aero showed up after I started parking there.

That is my "usual" spot. I may now change due to this.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Fuck all of Massachusetts. I had my old c900T robbed outside of Wentworth, while I was attending NEU. Some douche-muffins smashed the passenger window and snagged my CD player. Crappy 90 minute commute that day.
Dont fucking get me started on all the fucking liberal hippies that go to school here too. Let alone the other 4 colleges near by.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sucks dude. I hated leaving my 85 parked outside on campus, mostly on thurs/fri/sat nights. Senior year we were lucky enough to have parking right in front of the townhouse, so I could just take a look outside my window. Nothing ever did happen to it, though a couple friends had their windshields smashed after big party weekends, and my future wife had her side mirror smashed on her old grand cherokee. Kids do stupid shit, hopefully this is the worst you'll have to deal with.

I did catch a couple guys just standing around staring my 88 T-coupe one day out in the lot, but nothing was touched and I never saw them again, so probably meant no harm.

Chris

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Sucks, my fraternity brothers built a giant snowman behind my car 2 hours before I had to get up and go to work. Sucky part was that blizzard turned into an ice storm when they finished. I had to break down a rather sturdy ice man to back out and get to work. Not fun.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dude that sucks. I mean, no one has the right to do this crap to other peoples stuff. Let alone a Saab!!! Sorry to hear about this, and I hope whoever did that to you gets what they deserve.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That sucks! Which parking lot is that in? Southwest? I can't tell from the pics.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts