Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helped out a local friend by buying his LSD a few weeks ago. Now I want the cash to help pay off the GTO. He had a '92 900t convertible he was going to use it on.

It's new, never installed, custom build for the Classic 900. Lifetime warranty. Installation can be done as a DIY, there are a few guides on SC about this. I'll grab pictures this afternoon, looks like this:

These are not easy to come by in the US. Only way to get them right now is through Abbott Racing and shipping from the UK which is not cheap due to weight. You would be looking at upwards of $12-1300 if they are even still available.

I am looking to unload it quickly. I paid $1100, I'll let it go for $1000 shipped to the continental US. Money order preferred. Paypal available as a last resort, only if buyer pays paypal fees ($30.00). Money talks, people. No "dibs".

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
not required but highly suggested especially if the HP is a lot more then stock. For someone on a not very modded C900 who only does street use oil cooler isn't a necessity....... but even using the OEM oil cooler locations help out a lot

LSD's are totally worth it, huge improvement in the cars driveability......

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
get it!! Like VW stated (I think it was them) "power is nothing w/o controll"

LSD on a C900 vs stock is comparable to 330m big brake kit vs stock... huge umprovement!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
get it!! Like VW stated (I think it was them) "power is nothing w/o controll"

LSD on a C900 vs stock is comparable to 330m big brake kit vs stock... huge umprovement!!
Haha. I would love to get it knowing that i can install it. I def don't want to be just looking at it...I never opened up a gear box so i am not sure what it will take to do it right + the no warranty thing is also a bit of a limitter.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have a Quaife in my 9-3 and it is the best upgrade I have done to my car yet. If the improvement is similar to my experiences it is worth every penny. I'd talk to quaife and see if they would transfer the warranty because it has never been installed.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Haha. I would love to get it knowing that i can install it. I def don't want to be just looking at it...I never opened up a gear box so i am not sure what it will take to do it right + the no warranty thing is also a bit of a limitter.
Wahts to open up? The diff cover and the Driver Carriers? Thats Got to be the Easiest Quaif install Ever. With Some Grease to Match the Pinion Depth and Some Factory Shims you should be able to install it in an Hour or Two.

You might have to get the rack and Swaybar out of the way, Thats Gunna take some time.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Wahts to open up? The diff cover and the Driver Carriers? Thats Got to be the Easiest Quaif install Ever. With Some Grease to Match the Pinion Depth and Some Factory Shims you should be able to install it in an Hour or Two.

You might have to get the rack and Swaybar out of the way, Thats Gunna take some time.
the rack and the sway bar.. ouch. i recall engine removal being easier. just did the rack 2 month ago.. what a pain... but again as you can see i have no idea what it takes to get that bad boy in. so yes instruction would help me make up my mind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts