Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to see if anybody would be interested. It's a great laptop/tablet, but I don't really need 3 laptops.

It's built to military spec for shock resistance, dust resistance, and keyboard water resistance. Has a built in 3G sim card reader and antenna (theoretically it can use your 3G sim card for data, never tried it though.) Also has a nice little pop-up light built in for typing in the dark.

I am selling it with the stylus (duh), power adapter, and a charging cradle/port replicator/cd drive unit (Genuine HP). Will also throw in a brand new spare stylus if I can find it.

I believe I have a genuine copy of windows 7 ultimate, so I will pre-load that on the computer for you.

Cosmetically, it is not perfect because I have definitely used it for about 7 months. Pictures will illustrate all cosmetic issues i have found.

Pictures and detailed specs will be posted as soon as they upload.

$900+shipping but entertaining all fair offers, just shoot me a PM or post here. Same goes for any questions.

Pics are in post # 4 in this thread, HERE

Also anyone need a 7" netbook? Have one of those to sell as well, i imagine u could use it for tuning or something.

Specs:
Asus eee pc 701 4G surf (non-webcam version)
Intel Celeron CPU 900mhz
Ram: upgraded to 1GB
storage: 4GB integraded SSD card, expandable via SD card reader

I think thats all the relevant bits. $100 OBO. Let me know!

Take 'em together for 975!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
THis is a coule of years old right, we had em at work I liked it and need a new(er) laptop was looking at net books but need more computer than that

Core DUO processor what speed 1.8 IIRC?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo LV Processor SL9400 (1.86 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
Chipset: Mobile Intel GS45 Express Chipset ICH9M-Enhanced
Graphics: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, up to 384 MB of shared system memory Microsoft DirectX 10 (Shader 4.0) and OpenGL 2.0 capable
Display: 12.1-inch diagonal Illumi-Lite WXGA UWVA anti-glare with Digitizer (1280 × 800 resolution) Ambient light sensor Optional Outdoor View(anti-glare coating, mine has it)
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Harddrive: 120GB 1.8" SATA II
Networking: Intel WiFi Link 5100 A/B/G/N, Bluetooth, EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband Module

These are taken directly from the HP brochure for this laptop: here

Pictures still uploading -.-

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Laptop

Port Replicator / Cradle

The Bad

The brushed aluminum is laminated and there are a few spots (as shown) where it started to peel off. This happens, apparently.

One of the pins that the screen closes into broke. Not sure how. Oops.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
We give these to our execs that say they "need" a tablet PC. They are built pretty tough and are a definite workhouse. Biggest down fall is the 1.8" HDD. Same size as found in iPod's. Not very fast or robust. Luckily you can buy a decent size SSD for under $150 and have a nearly bulletproof, decently fast laptop.

All of them have that built in SIM card reader, but you need the actual broadband modem that goes in the Mini PCI-E slot. You can check if you have it by opening up the hard drive/memory compartment. If you see an empty expansion bay in between the hard drive and the wireless card you do not have it. I may have some of these cards in Verizon or AT&T flavor if anyone is interested. It also has a pop up antenna for 3G coverage on the leading top right edge of the display.

The palm rest part can be replaced for about $120.00 purchased direct from HP, my notes say the part number is 501502-001. I've done quite a few of these for the same reason as you describe.

Alignment pin for the display can be replaced by buying the plastics hardware kit from HP also. Usually about $30 and includes a whole mess of BS chassis pieces like the rubber feet on the bottom of the case.

That docking station alone is worth more the the net book you want to sell probably. lol.

When we got these for IT execs we optioned them with SSD hard drives and they tipped the scales at over $2,500 with no port replicator.

They also offer a super extended battery that's about as thick as 20 piece of paper that give this thing insane battery life.

GLWTS

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry for taking so long, here are the specs on the netbook:

Asus eee pc 701 4G surf (non-webcam version)
Intel Celeron CPU 900mhz
Ram: upgraded to 1GB
storage: 4GB integraded SSD card, expandable via SD card reader

I think thats all the relevant bits. $100 OBO. Let me know!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Sorry went to the store to see what I coudl get for simialr monies...brand new 750 bucks for 13 " laptop still looking but if you want to unlaod it let me know I am working with a 5 year old compaq time to upgrade for sure

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough, this is a premium 'business class' laptop plus it has the tablet digitizer screen thats why its a bit more money. But I am open to all offers, as i said.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts