Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After just enjoying the reading of the last one of these, I decided to get your opinions on what my "Black" 1995 is worth. I would love $6K for everything or break it down and LMK.

1995 9K Aero
Albany NY
518-862-2795

[IMG ]http://morepicstoocome.jpg[ /IMG]

The car is currently in need of some mech work/time that can/will be performed prior to sale. It has a slight "cold" lower end knock (thinking wrist pin as the rod B's are newish) and the differential is on it's last leg. I still run the hell out of her on occasion, with the Ivan Drago mindset. "If he dies, he dies" I got a cell and a flatbed, screw it.

Body has 310kish

Very little rust for a NE car, the RR dog leg has been showing for years. Pics to follow if needed.The hood, both fenders and RR door have been replaced with rust/dent free pieces. The windshield is cracked and some of the black trim is starting to peel/fade. It has a few dings and small scrathes but is a great 10 footer. Both rear shock mounts have been cobbed/fixed to better than stock. Basically you'll be pretty hard pressed to find a cleaner version with over 150K in this area.

140k short block (installed)
Cyl head was planed .020, gskt matched, GS springs, seals and lapped w/stock cams
Freshly rebuilt T3/T4 60-1 "Dinosaur" - TO4E .60 comp housing - Stage I lht shaft w/.48a/r ext housing from 85-89 9k
Gskt matched B202T ext/ B234 intk mans
Full 3" JT (no cat)
ETS intercooler w/stock piping
ARP head n ext man studs
JZW mailbox HX35 tune (yeah, yeah they flow just about the same)
Seimens 630's
3 bar map
Idle & WOT are great but has a studder under consistent load
Walbro 255 (gss 340)
Powerflex Trans/Dog bones
Forge BPV atmpho dumped
Open air 3" AEM intake
A/C and T-body preheat delete
No TCS

She hasn't been on the rollers in a while, nor in her current state so numbers would just be a guess.

120K stock 5 speed tranny (installed)
Sachs 600nm PP
New stock disc (6k miles)
SS clutch line
Good boots and grease

Interior is a good 8 out of 10 (damn dome light wont stay in)

Bilstein HD's frt/rear
Stock springs
SAS frt/rear
Brembo blanks
Axxis frt - Oem rear
Strut bar

Wheels, I got some - your choice 1 or all
18" Saab tuners (no tires)
16" Borbet
Aero's
Super Aero's
Super CS's

W/wo 10 year old stereo
Alpine CDA-9851
Alpine V12 4ch
Punch 200 2ch
Stock frt
Sony 6x9's
Pair of 12" Kickers
4ga, dist blocks, 1 farad cap

Saab trailer hitch w/wiring
Clear corners
10% tint rear doors & hatch
Frt window visors

Extras:

T5suite stageIII w/stock 431's and stock 2.5bar map
Good TDO4/Manifold and lines (20 minute reinstall)
Extra JT downpipe
Extra 140K 5speed trans

IDK, as you can tell I was pretty bored at work today and I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a bit. You can bash, stomp and piss all over this thread if you would like. Just curious as to what people think it's worth, and no I'm not getting out of Saab as I still have way to many.

Thanks for lookin

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The ONLY way a 9k Aero will bring $6k is if its got UBER low miles and extensive, documented ownership history from day 1 showing it to be a true cream puff. (or if you are a mega-tuner, and you wanted to own a 1-off high HP car like Kaylan's old Aero before it burned.)

A car that's got rust issues (granted, you've replaced panels, repaired etc. but rust still looms), been modified, is going to need a tranny, and has a motor knock drastically kills your value, regardless of what go-fast cool parts are on it like the system, the exhaust, wheels, etc.

Don't get me wrong, its a BEAUTIFUL car, but it has motor issues, transmission issues, and rust issues.

If I were to buy the car, I'd tell you to put the Super Aeros back on, and offer $2,000. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's does say that the mech issues will be taken care of prior to sale and that $6K is the number I would sell at the drop of a hat with everything plus the extras. If you want me to keep my junk and swap everything back to stock, of course the price would drop.

Maybe $2K in it's current state w/aeros - not a bad honest offer, but I would just part it for that.

Thanks keep'um comin

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Race it!!! Just to piss everyone off. Kind of on the wrong forum to sell anything. Nobody on here will pay going price. Just want cheap and will bitch when shit goes wrong.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
First of all, I just want to say that 9000 Aeros are ridiculously undervalued....something that is a crime considering that alot of Saab purists consider them to be the best all-around car Saab ever produced. Speed, handling, comfort, and smooth power...all things that Saab, or GM, never managed to surpass before or after the 9000 Aero.

As for the price, $6k is a fair asking price with everything fixed, considering the large array of high $$ performance parts, wheels, and other items. On the other hand, you have two things working against you:

1. Reliability is probably going to be a big issue for most considering the power potential, engine & tranny issues. It's built to lay down serious performance, but how comfortable is somebody going to be spending 4-6k on such? Maybe it's not an issue for a Saab guru who wants a "toy," but how many saab enthusiasts are out really out there with such buying interests? You'd be better off targeting the dumb teenage, "I want to go really fast," crowd on craigslist. Market it as "go STI fast for $5k" and they'll be sending you more texts than you can fathom. I'm sure you could reel a couple in considering you're a mechanic, maintained the car, etc.

2. As I said above, people don't value these cars properly, at least not yet. Considering such, $4-5k may be your upper limit with the mileage, potential rust worries, etc. Down the line though, when these cars are all but completely gone, it will go up though. Do a search on craigslist, eBay, etc and you'll quickly see that there are very few nice 9000 Aero's for sale. Cars that used to be easy to find and buy (albeit for good money) are all but gone. In much less time than people think, maybe three years, they will be just as rare as alot of the SPG's out there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
You'd be better off targeting the dumb teenage, "I want to go really fast," crowd on craigslist. Market it as "go STI fast for $5k" and they'll be sending you more texts than you can fathom. I'm sure you could reel a couple in considering you're a mechanic, maintained the car, etc.
thanks, i really appreciated that.

then again, its pretty accurate. my only defense is that i cant really see the difference between that and someone older who wants a toy as you described earlier in your post.

·
Registered
75 Posts
$6000, even fixed may be a little spendy..looks good from 10 feet though..

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Not sure if I missed it but what turbo are you running?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
The important question right now is how does it do on fuel consumption ;) If this beast can still break into the 30's MPG w/out a hick-up I'd promote the car as a well ballanced performance fuel saver. lol Looks great btw - list of mods are impressive! $6000 is high, but $4000 could be a VERY good place to aim for. If you had all this work on say a 100,000 or even 150,000 mile old 9000 $6,000 could be in the right ball-park. Sadly a 300K+ Saab may never bring any big money, even with all the work done to it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Update: She lives

337whp/[email protected]

Threw in a Spec 6 puck disc while she was apart, time too relearn how to drive her.

Anybody interested?
Congrats! Any reason why you switched from the Sachs 600nm/stock disc combo to the Spec 6-puck? what stage is the Spec... how is the clutch holding up, any slipping?? (Im in the process of buying a new clutch in the next month (stage 2 currently) and may be installing a hx35 within the year)

·
Registered
581 Posts
theres a local guy on shift looking to spend 3k im sure you could ask for more. sorry for thread jack but do you have any rims that fit a ng900? if not glws and car looks great

1 - 20 of 51 Posts