Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a FEELER, I was hoping you guys could help me price my car. I had big plans for her this winter, how ever after breaking the 250,XXX mile mark I found that I need a car that will be reliable to get me to and from the mountain without issue. Here are the specs (to my knowledge)

Specs-
1994 Saab 9000 Aero
2.3L Turbo - TD-04
Custom 2.5" Cat back exhaust.
3" Intake
DIY MBC
15% Tint all around
Fixed back racing seats
Intrax Lowering Springs.
15" Steel Wheels ( 17" Ronals for sale separate )

Issues-
There is a bad ground wire somewhere so -
Heater will not turn on, it just buzzes.
No Radiator fan.
No Windshield Wiper Motor
CV Joint on drivers side needs replacement
Power steering pump is on the fritz.

Pics-

I do not have stock super aero wheels. I am located in Golden, CO and looking for $2500, let me know if you think this is fair or if the old girl could bring more money, if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected].

Thank You,
Cam

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
$2500 is passable if the only problems are what you have listed. I'm not saying there are other problems, but at 250k, things like clutch, tranny, headgasket, and other things start to come in play. If those are all good and the car has no rust or significant body damage, you can probably pull $2500. Otherwise, you might want to price it lower for a quicker sale. I'm all for starting high and working down slowly over time, though. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
IMO that's a lot of car for $2500, it just takes the right buyer for a car with 250+k. If you're not in a rush to move it, you'll find the right buyer

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Before I saw your $2,500 I was thinking $1,500.

Some more information of what has been done for major components would help raise the price. Key items would be clutch, head gasket and the shape of the trans in general. Without this information, I would assume the worse and go with a lower price. So, more info would probably make the price go up for many buyers.

Is the car actually a 2.5 or did you mean 2.3?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
paypal sent.

i hope all the stickers are included.
People like you make me want to punch you in the face for having a smart mouth.

yes it's 2.3l, my bad, also still have stock clutch and head gasket. There is a chance that our LeMons team will buy the car for parts since we now have a 2.3 in the '86. Nothing is final, I wanted to see if there was anyone on here who would be interested in taking her to the next level........

.....obviously not, I just hope Viggenkid has fun spending new years with his gear shift up his ass.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
IMO that's a lot of car for $2500, it just takes the right buyer for a car with 250+k. If you're not in a rush to move it, you'll find the right buyer
A lot of car for $2,500?

That's a car that the seller, with admirable honesty, has deemed unreliable and in need of a few hundred in parts and many, many hours of labor ...even if you DIY it. It would be a "handyman's special" priced at $1,000 and even then, it's a car with 250K, which means that the wear items in the engine (bottom end bearings, timing chain and guides, etc..) are probably starting to show their age. If the engine was original, it would probably need a refresh or replacement in 50-60K miles...

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
if you don't want opinions on a public forum, don't ask.

why you would put stickers all over your paint is beyond my comprehension.

in all honesty, its a high mileage 9000 with electrical issues that require large amounts of money and time to "take it to the next level".

you also neglected to mention the damage to the aero front bumper unless you have replaced it...which is expensive to replace all on its own.

i'd put it around $500, maybe $800 if the wheels were included in sale.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Shit, guys, I think maybe you can back the fuck off a little! He did up the car how he wanted it for the time he had it, and had fun. Sure it might not appeal to everyone, and might prove a little difficult to sell, but you have to start somewhere. We all have our own ways of enjoying our cars, who cares if someone does something against the norm for these cars. Now he's asking for constructive criticism, not closed-minded personal opinions and dickish comments.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Honest opinion, with stock head gasket, stock clutch, the electrical issues and no rust, 1500 at best.

Most people run from 250k cars and the rest of us just buy them cheap.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
KBB for a 94 9k aero with 250k miles is 1500-2200.

Good luck with anything more than that.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Shit, guys, I think maybe you can back the fuck off a little! He did up the car how he wanted it for the time he had it, and had fun. Sure it might not appeal to everyone, and might prove a little difficult to sell, but you have to start somewhere. We all have our own ways of enjoying our cars, who cares if someone does something against the norm for these cars. Now he's asking for constructive criticism, not closed-minded personal opinions and dickish comments.
x2.
calm down ladies.

as this is only a feeler, i assume its not a rush to sell. its a nice 9000, but clean it up a little bit if you can, might sell faster. just a suggestion. GLWS.

plan on stickin with saab?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

I know this a public forum and all, but i don't blame the guy for getting pissed about his thread getting jacked. With the exception of calling someone out for a lie (in the case of a known issue not mentioned or something) give the guy a break.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts