Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RARE!

I have a set of #8 primary gears up for sale.
They were pulled from a 43,000 mi. box and have been kept indexed to the chains using wire ties.

Includes the chain tensioner.

I am never going to get to all my projects and I have a lot tied up in them. I searched for over two years so you can end your search now! Hahaha.

These give you the 33:24 ratio and .72 gearing. They will give you a taller first gear so you don't run out of room, a better cruising RPM and a vastly improved top end capability of over 170 MPH.

For reference, the other Primary ratios are; Type 4= 31:30 (.97 gearing), Type 5= 30:27 (.90 gearing), Type 6= 31:26 (.84 gearing) and Type 7= 32:25 (.78 gearing.)

On sale for what I have into them. $1300./Best Offer
I'll insure and ship them anywhere you want them to go. Shipping is free.
They are in Albany, New York.

Must go to a good home and I'd love to see pix of the install someday!

Cheers. Arte.

artelevy (at) yahoo (dot) com

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone want these? Best Offer before I put them away.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Arte....any chance you can post a hi-res pic of the fleet in your signature in the Photos part of the site? The best pic I've seen is about 6"x8" on my screen. Would love to see a good one!!!

Is this your only set of #8's?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Primaries

Arte....any chance you can post a hi-res pic of the fleet in your signature in the Photos part of the site? The best pic I've seen is about 6"x8" on my screen. Would love to see a good one!!!

Is this your only set of #8's?
I had a couple of sets. I sold one last year...and I am selling this one now.
I don't currently have an interest in doing anything but "stock" / OE restorations or collecting rare accessory parts.

These are much better off in the hands of someone who knows what they are and can use them.

I have a ton of $ tied up in stuff I'll never use and need to free up some storage space.

I have a lot of rare extra bits that I have multiples of.. rear window wiper kits, towing mirrors, decor panels, soft tonneaus, trunk mats, wheels, etc. Time to clean garage...

I'll post some pics in the photos section of my collection today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.