Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of (4) Carroll Shelby 15" (x 5.5") rims for sale.
These rims are straight and were refinished and powder coated solid black.
They look really aggressive! Never mounted since they were redone...just a wee bit dusty!!

No lugs avail (use old ones) or center caps (still avail. thru Saab, PN 89 85 483 @ 23.00 ea.)

Looking for $275 + ship.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Very nice in all black. Here's a pic of Breakin5speeds' '87 900t with black minilites (not shelbys but they look the same):

FYI for anyone looking to run these: you WILL need different lug nuts than the stock Saab conical seat lug nuts. These wheels use the same lug nuts as the Soccerball, TRX & Inca wheels, which is a shouldered lug nut. Part No. 89 47 277, about $6 each from the dealer. Since that's pretty expensive, you source some inexpensive ones from your local parts store (Napa, Autozone, etc). Another FYI - the pre-88 lugs are NOT METRIC. They are 1/2-20.

Lastly, the P/N 89 85 483 is actually for the six-sided Inca center cap - the Shelby center cap has been NLA forever. There is a group buy going on now on SaabRally.com to reproduce them. The Inca caps work perfectly though (I had them on my car) but just FYI.

Here's a pic of my Shelby wheels with the six-sided Inca cap:

·
Registered
645 Posts
daamn i wish i had some $$ for these.. i have a couple sets of inca wheels i would trade lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lastly, the P/N 89 85 483 is actually for the six-sided Inca center cap - the Shelby center cap has been NLA forever. There is a group buy going on now on SaabRally.com to reproduce them. The Inca caps work perfectly though (I had them on my car) but just FYI.
I know! I wish I still could get a hold of the round ones....but the Incas do fit well..

Thanks!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
88+ Ronals

Sharp wheels Arte.

A co-worker here has a '90 Vert with shelby's. Its the only set of 88+ I've seen. Perhaps you have a set??
I actually do have a set of the 88+ Ronal "Silver Spoke" wheels as well. I wasn't planning on parting with them...and they do need a full refurb. I will entertain offers if anyone is interested. Cosmetically they are cruddy, but they are straight.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Very nice in all black. Here's a pic of Breakin5speeds' '87 900t with black minilites (not shelbys but they look the same):
Having ridden in that car I can say that it is the best handling C900 hatch I have been in. I think it has something to do with the 205/50/15 tires, and the lack of unsprung weight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would probably kill a man for those if they fit the later style hubs. :(
Yeah.. that's what my plan was ... except I had the pre-88 Shelby wheels redone sort of by mistake. I am just trying to get the refurb cost out of them so I can apply it to the set of the 88-on Ronal wheels I have that are very similar to them. Those 88-on wheels are of the ridiculously rare variety.

I may change my mind on keeping the Ronals though if anyone wants them for their car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I actually do have a set of the 88+ Ronal "Silver Spoke" wheels as well. I wasn't planning on parting with them...and they do need a full refurb. I will entertain offers if anyone is interested. Cosmetically they are cruddy, but they are straight.
One day I will own a set for my car, my Austin-Healey Sprite and MGB days have imprinted the Mini-Lite style as "THE RIMS" on my brain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts