Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK:MESELX:IT&item=190310340128#ht_529wt_1197

2002 SAAB 9-3 SE hatchback with 113,XXX miles. The car is silver with a gray leather interior. I bought this car from the original owner in Dallas, TX. The car is completely rust free. The previous owner included all the documentation for this car which is very extensive. The previous owner had the car serviced by a licensed SAAB dealership during the time he owned it and it was still under warranty when I bought it. This car is in excellent running condition. The turbo pulls strong and there are no signs of it wearing out. I have let the car idle for at least 2 minutes after any spirited driving in order to allow the turbo to cool properly. I am the second owner and have taken great care of this car. The car has been run on Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30 during the time I drove it. I have averaged 34 MPG on the highway although I have seen 36 MPG often when driving 65 MPH. (at night) This car does run on 93 octane (super premium) fuel for best performance. This car makes 205 hp and has a top speed upwards of 140 MPH. The manual transmission shifts smooth and makes this car really fun to drive. The reverse gear does hesitate when put straight into reverse. (common for Saabs) I don't like the sound it makes so I always put it into first and then reverse. It goes right in that way. Although this may sound bad to a non-Saaber, this is actually very common and is a result of poorly designed synchros on the reverse gear. When operated as I have described it functions perfectly with no ill effects. Everything electrical works on the car. There are a few scratches and dents on the exterior that were there when I bought it from the original owner. (see pictures) The driver's side fog light had the glass busted by the previous owner. It still works as the bulb is separate from the mount. I have put clear tape across it in order to keep dirt and water out. It has worked well so far. This particular year model and option package was the last hatchback SAAB produced (before it was totally destroyed by GM) Coincidentally, they offered a premium upgrade for these cars, which this one has. This includes: A sport chassis, Automatic Climate Control (ACC), 160-watt prestige audio system, 8-way power passenger seat and driver's side memory seat, leather upholstery, a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, heated front seats, and the leather seats are embossed with "turbo" front and back. On the down side, the previous owner blew the driver's side door mounted subwoofer. I have not gotten around to replacing it yet, but the stereo sounds great even so. Since I have owned it, I have replaced the antenna mast, changed the headlight bulbs to ultra bright xenon bulbs, and recently replaced the tires. The new tires are 205/55/R16 Kuhmo Solus KH16 tires which have an H speed rating and an AA traction rating. The Kumho's have less than 1000 miles on them. I have recently replaced the front brake pads and rotors. The rotors are drilled and slotted for heat dissipation and dust clearing. After bleeding the brakes, the brake pedal seems softer than it used to be. The car stops very well, better than ever, but the pedal travels slightly farther than normal. I have been told it may be an issue with the brake master cylinder. The air conditioner and heater work well and the automatic climate control makes it super easy to operate. Just set the temperature and away it goes. The sunroof works flawlessly both opening and tilting. The cruise control works as well. This has been a wonderful car and I hate to let it go. Please message me with any questions you may have. I have set the reserve well below the kelly blue book suggested value. There is a required $500 non-refundable deposit due within 3 days of purchase.

Here are some pictures:

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss224/naadomail/2002 Saab 9-3 SE Hatchback 5-Speed/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts