Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just copied this from my craigslist posting...

For sale is a 1999 Saab 93 2 door hatchback. It has a white exterior with a tan leather interior. It has a 5 speed manual transmission and 4 cylinder turbo charged engine. It has 142,xxx miles.

Known Issues:
The first thing any prospective buyer should know is that this vehicle was involved in a low speed collision with the back of a Subaru Outback a few months ago. The hood and fender were recently replaced. The interior is in average condition for it's age. The driver's seat has cracking in the leather and has stitching coming loose at the seam in the seat. The rear driver's seat has a stain in the leather that I have yet to attempt to remove.

This vehicle will also need..
1) A new clutch in the near future
2) A new SID unit/current one rebuilt
4) New summer tires
6) A good cleaning

The airbag light is currently on. All the airbags have been tested with a TECH2 and are in working order. A local shop believes this to be a short in the driver's seat wiring that I have yet to investigate. I am approximately 2 miles from a local foreign auto mechanic if you'd like to have the vehicle checked out by him.

Recent Work:
The alternator, rear oxygen sensor, down pipe/catalytic converter, engine coolant, flex pipe (and clamps), idler pulley, serpentine belt, and bypass valve have all been replaced in the last year or so (I have some maintenance records from the Saab Shop in Bow, NH and personal receipts). The car has always had its oil changed every 3,000 miles with Pennzoil Synthetic or Mobil One Synthetic.

Extras:
For accessories/modifications the vehicle has a wood shift knob, DIY clear corners, Aero Steering Wheel, rear tinted windows, heated tan leather seats, an open air intake, a Saab Catalog Kit on the rear and sides, and a factory amplifier.

The vehicle drives great and has been my daily driver for almost a year. It does well in snow and starts up every day just fine, even in 0 degree weather. It's a joy to drive, gets about 30 miles per gallon, and it's comfortable. This is probably a car for someone who is mechanically inclined and has an understanding of these vehicles.

I've tried to list all the problems and accessories of this vehicle as I know them to be. I've also tried to photograph all the cosmetic issues and post them in the link below. I have the VIN upon request. The vehicle has a clean New Hampshire title. If you have any questions or would like more photos feel free to email me at the above address. The vehicle is currently garaged in Laconia, NH. TSL/other Saab forum member price: $1900.

http://img819.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0434v.jpg

I'll update this list as I fix things over the next few weeks... PM or email me with questions...

Notes: This car used to belong to Gobes and before him Mcrowley's friend. The new fender has a black racing stripe on it I can't peel off with my finger nail.

http://img819.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0434v.jpg

***Update***: The car now needs a new radiator. It has a pin hole leak at the top of the radiator. I'm not sure I would drive it, as there is no way to know the detrimental effect of doing us while the cooling system is under pressure. I need this out of my driveway and out of my life.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
To most, at least people without saab parts, it's going to be a tough sell at $2200 with that kind of damage and needs. If it was just the damage, I'd say you could get your price, but the need for a clutch is the killer. While not insanely hard or labor intensive of a repair, a new clutch will cost a good amount of money for parts and labor...anywhere from $500-800 or more. If I were you, I'd fix the damage with clean, color matched parts, and then go for your price. White coupes are pretty rare and worth at least some premium over other 9-3's out there. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
913 Posts
How much if you fix all that stuff?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The top post is revised frequently. $2300 firm.
I am 99% sure it said 2200 when I checked last night, I am guessing you edited for a typo. It is a pretty nice car, rare for sure. What does it look like now with the new bumper that has a "rally stripe that you can't peel off with finger". I am pretty content with cars at the moment (due to change), but GLWS, I think 2300 is a more than fair price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts