Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a 900 N/A that I bought a few years back and gave to my inlaws as they were watching my daughter for us after she was born and my wife went back to work part time. Hasn't run in a year or so, no structural rust that I have found - some in the bottom of the doors, edge of the hood, a bit in front of rear wheels if I remember correctly. Some dings and such but still in great shape.

What it needs... well, it needs a clutch, maybe more on the tranny, not sure as I wasn't driving it - but I do know it needs a clutch and possibly throw out bearing, not sure. Other than that, it was running like a top - believe it has between 90-100k on the clock. I'll go by this afternoon after work and take some more pictures of it today as it sits.

Has a new headliner, and the interior is in great shape. Dash is cracked, but the seats are in awesome shape. Would make a great platform to build up a nice 4 door 900. Here are some pics from a few years ago - will get some more recents as I said and post. I would buy it back from them, but just finished paying to paint my vert. and am in the process of fixing it up - so don't have the extra to do it!!! If this car had a grey interior or more of it would fit in the vert - would be no question!

These pics were from a few years ago, but it has been sitting for a year or more, sometimes in the garage sometimes in the drive, but it still looks really sharp!

Link to pics - MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, sorry, Wilmington NC 28403. I really think he is letting it go too cheap, but he needs it gone and I can't afford to buy it right now.... I was hoping he would hold on to it.... so I would have an easy goto when I wanted to switch the autotragic out of my turbo vert... oh well! I believe it runs, but isn't driveable at the moment.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Damn - I seriously want that car. I don't care that it's not a turbo - it's a manual. No chance it could make a trek back to PA is there? I'd hate to have to do the clutch on site and have something go wrong.... but we've dealt with things before. Perhaps I can convince the future mrs. I need this car to replace the GEO METRO :)

It looks too nice to pass on - and my offer for an 87' n/a 8V for sale here hasn't gone too far past "I'll think about it"

EDIT:
What am I thinking - I can do this again! I forgot I have access to a tow dolly!

The automatic 9000 "Aero" loves to pull :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Immaculate! Think it's a 92 but don't hold me to that - has the 92 instrument cluster, wheels and glovebox door. GLWS!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM'd you Burns... pics are 2-3 years old... honestly looks about just like that now.. some small rust on the edge of the hood etc... but nothing major. I bought the car 3-4 years ago off of Saabnet and had it shipped - gave it to them to drive, then sold it to them for a dollar.... which I should buy it back for... but.... I have a convertible now, 1 old 900 is enough... although I did want the manual out of it - but I can always get another.

Will get pics of it as it sits today and get pics of the interior, engine bay, etc... may go right now for lunch.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Sounds good - I broke the ice to the mrs. - I was not shot down, but I was reminded I need to replace a car if I do this. lol Anyone want to buy a Geo Metro and make an investment? It will be worth $3-$6000 in 1-2 years when gas hits $5 a gallon :D I'll sell it for $2000 as is right now and I'll include a new SACHS clutch kit (which it will need one day) it has just over 90,000 miles and virtually no rust!

I'll show her pictures tonight - once I figure out where I can pull funds from I'm all in pending final approval and pictures.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Went at lunch and took pics - got pics of any rust I found - surface - bubbling through some on edges of hood - couple spots on drivers door - one spot in front of driver rear wheel although it wasn't through the metal - pitted yes, but not swiss cheese yet. Bottom of front doors has some rust through - back doors ok though - pics are posted at the link below - also under hood, a arms, underneath, etc... Still in really good shape - interior is awesome minus cracks in dash....

MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I almost was going to keep the mats for my vert... but they are tan and black instead of grey/black.... oh well...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Pretty clean car! The pictured rust would be nothing to take care of. For the price, I think it's a good deal, especially if it only needs a clutch (which can be done for under $250 in less than 3 hours). Lemans Blue is one of my favorite colors!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish I could buy it back from him - if the interior would fit my vert (seats door cards back seat etc...) I would convert my lemans blue vert to this interior... it is in just unreal shape - btw, think the car may be a 92 or 93 -

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I sent your father in law an e-mail! Thanks for the contact details - awaiting the mrs to come home from work to see the pictures.

What color is your vert? I have piles of Saab Plastic All Season mats and a few random pairs of the old rubber ones. I may be able to help you out :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
that car is super clean!! if it where in mass i would get it without question, but i have already driven to n.c. for one old saab, i think my g/f would kick me out if i did it again lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha, do need mats, was going to dye my carpets a darker grey than current (light grey interior lemans blue exterior) - removed everything on the outside to have it painted, so all doorpanels are off. recovering the cards and cleaning the seats (except the front ones as the leather has shrunk up on the passenger side bottom and been replaced with a lovely grey vinyl on the drivers side). So with everything out except front seats, figured it was a good time to do it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts