Saab Link Forums banner

FS: 1989 900 base model - Asking $900

214 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ninehundredt 
#1 ·
1989 900 - base model, clean, rust-free, southern California car.

2.0L non-turbo engine w/ 5-speed manual gearbox. Not breathtakingly fast, but rugged as all get out.

Photos (the paint looks a little better in the photos than it is because of the odd lighting, but the interior looks pretty accurate.)

Walter is selling off some extra cars (last he checked he had 42 cars registered to his name), this is one of the ones that needs a new home. Manual trans cars don't work so hot as loaners, and we need some capital for upgrades to the shop.

-About to roll to 163,000 miles
-Citrin beige paint, but clear coat is flaking badly, but body is straight, lights are good.
-5-speed manual transmission, shifts smooth, no weird noises
-Burgundy cloth interior
-Windy-up windows
-Non-sunroof
-A/C works
-Cool accessory hubcaps on steelies, tires have some life left
-Cool factory accessory Alpine cassette deck
-Drives perfectly straight, decent shocks, no clunks over bumps
-Recent fuel pump and AMM
-Passed CA smog test fine

Needs:
-Will need a clutch at some point, the N/A engine doesn't make enough power to chew through them all that fast though
-Headliner fabric just starting to come unglued
-Paint (or have a nice winter car back East)
-Exhaust leak around cat patched

Asking $900, nice running, driving, inspectable, smogged C900 base model.

This and the other 3 cars I am listing are located in West Los Angeles, and I can help arrange shipping for the right buyer after receiving payment or a holding deposit.

The cars can be seen any time, and I am happy to take photos for anyone who is far away but interested.

Any questions can be directed to me, Drew, at 310 666 59two6 (calling works best).

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
This car I can negotiate a fair amount on the price, we need it gone.

I haven't been under it on the hoist recently, but I could definitely grab photos of the forward rails and lower control arm mounting points for anyone interesting in doing just that.

Just give me a call.

Best,
Drew

#7 ·
Burns, that is a bitchin photo, I was trying to find one of our shop packed to the brim one night - I think I counted 36 SAABs on our lot in the gate, and we only have 4 service bays!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.