Saab Link Forums banner

FS: 1986 c900 5 Door? - Craigslist $300 - WTF? Alaska

324 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
Ok - normally this would be posted in the craigslist thread - but seriously - this needs to be seen. Anyone local want to go check this out? It's listed as a 1986 900 "parts car" but it's clearly a 5 door 87+ model - which I didn't think exisited in the states. Anyone near this or know anything about it? If it's real - it's worth $300 EASY as long as it's not shot. It is in Alaska however - so we are limited to memebers "near by" to check it out sadly :(

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pts/1899600341.html

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yeah - that was one of my thoughts. Sadly craigslist hosted images have craigslist urls... so no back tracking there. I guess one could "google" 900 and see if it pops up.

After a few pages of "saab 900" I didn't see that listing image anyways - but here's a nice 1993 T16 5 Door from Overseas...

#6 ·
Yep. :lol:.

Anyways, yeah, I think that's just a stolen picture... it also appears to have a euro plate on it.

I got to drive a 92 5 door 900i over in VT though! The guy was from Belgium or something and he had his car shipped over for his time that he spent here so he wouldn't have to rent. Still had his euro plates on front and back. The guy was really cool and handed me the keys and told me to take it for a spin! Felt neat being the only person driving a slant nose 5 door 900 in the states at that time. :)

#7 · (Edited)
I was led to believe by my old parts manager that the 5doors were available in Canada almost to the end of C900 production. He Sourced all the parts "In Canada" so I could Chop my old 4 door into the 5 door I always wanted. I Never Came up with the Dough to Buy all the parts but if that's not a Stolen pick than it might very well be a Canadian Market car that found its way into Alaska.

#9 ·
I was led to believe by my old parts manager that the 5doors were available in Canada almost to the end of C900 production. He Sourced all the parts "In Canada" so I could Chop my old 4 door into the 5 door I always wanted. I Never Came up with the Dough to By all the parts but if that's not a Stolen pick than it might very well be a Canadian Market car that found its way into Alaska.
Looks like a skinny Euro plate on the front of the Craigslist car, also look what's parked next to it (a Renault?), it wasn't available in the U.S. either. My guess would be the seller just Googled "Saab 900" and grabbed the pic off the internets.

#8 ·
^ Not so sure about that... And if that were the case, then I'd imagine we'd have a lot more of them here in NH and VT. I see Canadian market cars here once in a while, and even got my first set of e-codes off of one. I'm pretty sure all of North America missed out on the later 5 door c900s... could be wrong though.

#10 ·
Geez, people, ever look at a map? I bet the owner just drove over from Russia to wave at Sarah Palin.*

I had a close call last fall with. A car for sale around Knoxville. The seller, too lazy and too pissed to take a photo of the actual car, posted a passable pic of a white notchback, post-facelift. I wondered then if it were a Canadian car until Notchback pointed out that the brick rowhouses in the background looked distinctly European.

Le. Poop.

#16 ·
As much as I'd like to think they might have had the five doors longer in Canada, eh, I agree with Zach - there just isn't the evidence for it in cities like Montreal. You'd definitely see them puttering around there and they are the perfect IKEA car and I never saw one in the lot there. Did see a Lada once and lots of Pontiac Fireflies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.