Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i cant stand the noise my car is making anymore . i feel like im driving a piece of sh*t. Whenever i go over like a bump or even ripple in the road my car makes this rattle/knocking noise in the front ... First it was the right side then it eventually stopped and now both sides are doing it... Any one have any idea , Loose strut, blown bushing, ball joint? i do have an aftermarket suspension setup if that makes any diff, i know its a ruff ride with stiffer springs but it shouldnt be making this noise... PLease help its really pissing me off...
:twisted: :evil:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yo I had the same problem with my NG900. The front right was making a LOUD popping sound when I went over any bumps. I had a four wheel alignment done, and since then the popping noise has ceased, but it took some time after the wheel alignment for things to settle back in place. I thought it was due to the cold weather, which it has warmed up, but I haven't heard the sound since a few weeks after the alignment.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It is most likely that the top strut bolts have become loose. You will need two wrenches to tighten them down. The yellow arrow points them out.

The other possibility is that the lowering springs are rubbing against the lower spring holder. If the springs are not orientated correctly they will rub against the metal base and make a horrible sound. However this doesn't just happen. They would have to be installed incorrectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts