Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a friend looking at an 03 auto linear and because I dont know anything about the new ones what should I be looking for when I look at it for her?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I can tell you one thing about the '03s that sucks... The fuel level sensor, and fuel pump are one part, making it $300+ to fix your gas gauge when the level sensor stops working...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't rule it out, but for the most part stay away from them.

Make sure the tranny has the oring fix (if automatic)
Springs could be snapped as well
Gas gauge seems to be an issue with all years, hell my 06 had it replaced when it was still under warranty.

Linears are not the quickest out there, but for an 03 I would only pay about 3-4k.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wouldn't rule it out, but for the most part stay away from them.

Make sure the tranny has the oring fix (if automatic)
Springs could be snapped as well
Gas gauge seems to be an issue with all years, hell my 06 had it replaced when it was still under warranty.

Linears are not the quickest out there, but for an 03 I would only pay about 3-4k.
Springs being snapped if bought in the salt belt should be covered by Saab.

Yes, I understand all have the gas gauge issue (thanks GM!!) however on the '04+ the fuel level sensor isn't an integrated part of the pump. Therefore it's a $100 fix (plus labor) instead of $500 plus labor.

And good luck finding an '03 for 3-4k... That's in decent shape with decent miles...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made sure she steered clear of this 03 in particular; I dont know the details but the stealership wanted 7500 and it had some sort of electrical problems

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I made sure she steered clear of this 03 in particular; I dont know the details but the stealership wanted 7500 and it had some sort of electrical problems
Dealer had an extra digit in there... $7500 for a 2003 - I couldn't see spending 1/2 that unless it was MINT and came with a warranty.

When I see people start bitching about the 2003 SS - The old "Friends don't let friends drive Fords" slogan comes to mind - but updated to "Real friends don't let friends drive 2003 Sport Sedans"

·
Registered
941 Posts
Dealer had an extra digit in there... $7500 for a 2003 - I couldn't see spending 1/2 that unless it was MINT and came with a warranty.
That's just unrealistic...

But, if you do happen to find a bunch of MINT '03 9-3s with warranties for $3750 buy 'em for me. I'll get one of the dealers I work with to buy all of 'em for 4-5k each.

I watched a '96 900 Convertible V6 5-Speed in decent shape (far from MINT) with 96k on the clock go through the auction today for $3200.... Just saying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts