Saab Link Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I suspect it was you who beat me to that white 900 in the Orlando U-Pull-It. I was hoping to grab the headlights and buckets for a project I have in the works.

May be following your lead on the dash material. Hope to see some more pictures of it. Or perhaps your car in person someday.

·
Banned
719 Posts
I suspect it was you who beat me to that white 900 in the Orlando U-Pull-It. I was hoping to grab the headlights and buckets for a project I have in the works.

May be following your lead on the dash material. Hope to see some more pictures of it. Or perhaps your car in person someday.
LOL! I raped that car!

it was present at the perfect time too!

here is what I got form it:

ABS UNIT and Brain
Fascia
Radiator
AC Compressor
Fuel Sender
Light Bulb holders

I think the headlights were gone when I got there. That car had low miles and had a sticker on the window that read "Car Runs"...

I knew it was a good donor.. especially when I saw zero body damage (only the hatch was mangled) and a NY City Police officer sticker on the window.

When I found all the blonde (long blonde hair) through out the car I knew it was a wel looked after car some lady had and maybe a tree fell on the hatch and the insurance company totaled the vehicle!

only 130 on dash I am sure the tranny is in good nick...

I want the block and the tranny (3 speed autobox)...

Sorry mate... are you local?

I live in Longwood just outside the city...

Cheers !!!!:th_MySaab900Like:

would love to hook up if your in these neck of the woods...

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got the AMM, ignition amplifier, fuel check valve, APC box, APC solenoid. Oh, and a perfect grill with all 3 tabs intact. Didn't really need any of them but I am a hoarder and had made the trek from New Smyrna Beach.

A bunch of us got together at the Orlando IKEA for a central Florida Saab meet a couple months back. Will try to tip you off the next time there is a get together in the area.

·
Banned
719 Posts
I got the AMM, ignition amplifier, fuel check valve, APC box, APC solenoid. Oh, and a perfect grill with all 3 tabs intact. Didn't really need any of them but I am a hoarder and had made the trek from New Smyrna Beach.

A bunch of us got together at the Orlando IKEA for a central Florida Saab meet a couple months back. Will try to tip you off the next time there is a get together in the area.
I was wondering who snatched the grille! I am sure it was perfect... Yeah I left the APC alone.

When I got there the intercooler was already gone.

Please Do (re: Meet); would love to attend..

any other locals on this site?

too much northern Yankee stench around here... Need some Southern Comfort! Lol...:)

Let me know when your ready to dive into T5. I got all the wiring diagrams for LH blown up and laminated and I have all the T5 set up steps written down neatly and am always willing to give a helping hand. I was just in New Smyrna on labor day. its only a 30 minute drive from my door to the beach...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
What do you mean "smaller battery"? The load side will determine the power flow, not the size of battery, assuming the 12V is fixed.

Not entirely sure what you have in mind exactly, but if you do what I think you're saying, as the battery depletes the voltage will drop and then the leds won't work, they won't really dim like a standard old school filament bulb.

·
Banned
719 Posts
What do you mean "smaller battery"? The load side will determine the power flow, not the size of battery, assuming the 12V is fixed.

Not entirely sure what you have in mind exactly, but if you do what I think you're saying, as the battery depletes the voltage will drop and then the leds won't work, they won't really dim like a standard old school filament bulb.
Me over thinking shit I know nothing about...

Already been schooled on my other site that's not necessary..

New with electronics so learning..

I went back and redoing the harness with 22 gauge wire.. I was using 18 gauge before and I think everything is to gaudy..

Also removing the pinch clips and going 100% solder.... Should have a new harness done by 8pm.. headed home now..

Now I have the test lite set up I can test everything as I go to be sure the harness is 100% before I install..

So in short; your correct, I am back to using the switched live feed off the headlight switch
will post up... if your good with electrics don't be afraid to help... I am a sponge for knowledge...

I am very stubborn when I start something... I just cant scrap it.... I was told to go buy leds and stop fiddling..

Foo-wey! I will make a harness so I can gloat to self... Lol...

its the electronics store Bro! I am a crack addict in that place....... I wish I had the time and money to buy everything in there and build a space ship! Lol...

thanks.

·
Banned
719 Posts
2 in so far. Nothing impressive but much much better than the old incandescent bulbs

Live and learn; gotta move the hole for the led on the right to the bottom corner so it can be at position 0 and illuminate the DISTR and allow the light to work its way up oppose having the brightest spot at the arrow... And trying to split the reflection.

Oh well...

·
Banned
719 Posts
I made some changes. 22 gauge wire proved to be better to work with in this instance. used 100% all solder at the joints.

Total LED count is 7.

4 in one circuit for the distribution dials. and 3 in the other circuit for the instrument cluster.

I don't think I can get it any brighter than this.

HUGE improvement from the 3 original stock standard bulbs.

I spent about $8.00 total give or take a few pennies, for the 7 LED set up.

Here are the 4 at work

Will add 1 more to illuminate the 2&3 on the fan dial and use the original 3 stock one's just to give everything a lol extra spread

This is pictured off the car using the 2 9v test batteries

·
Banned
719 Posts
Back to the Wood

On my other SAAB forum I frequent it was explained I will grow old trying to layer up the varnish.... so being this is my first go at the veneer job I turned sponge and followed instructions..

it was explained that pouring or dipping the parts is what gives it that factory quality build up!

stroked the beard a few times.... thinned the varnish with a 1:1 mineral spirits mix... pulled out a small cheap measuring cup with a spout and commenced the pouring...

:go::cool::th_coolio:

Watch this space....things are currently drying.......

Cheers...

·
Banned
719 Posts
So I have been I. Therapy, trying to overcome my phobia of GM Saabs. Realizing there may come a day that I just am forced to consider one.

So the other day I was at a park just chilling watching the ducks to pass some time.

I noticed this car and took a picture of it and my car at the same moment.

Told myself I would look at them both and try to find the good in the GM one.

I guess I. Terms of GM Saabs this one had all the bells and whistles.

Its gonna take a lot of therapy cause when I got home I was all more convinced.

I am just not ready to convert. I'm working on myself though

Say what you want about me; it's about these old cars as Joe says and this car is the business mate!

Need nothing. Just a driver.....

Numbers says my ego is too big.. I'm sayin... I just luv my whip...

I rebuilt it. From the floor. Never DiD that before.. I have a day job so let me gloat a bit.. Disnt think I would ever see it rolling again. And not quite done yet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Numbers says my ego is too big.. I'm sayin... I just luv my whip...

[/URL]
Theres a difference...a big difference between loving your car and bashing others because they dont or driving something other than a c900

·
Banned
719 Posts
Theres a difference...a big difference between loving your car and bashing others because they dont or driving something other than a c900
you'll learn not to take me so serious. this is the internet
. I am just here having fun. nothing wrong with GM Saabs. I just don't like them particularly. I am entitled right? I mean this is America.

so what I make some shrude comments. just make light of it mate. I promise it's not that serious.

just like Edwardian grey tries to push my buttons, and sometimes he hits a nerve; most times I can just blow him off as I know he is just being sarcastic and doesn't really mean any harm.

it's all recreation my friend... Mike d and I kick it on the phone every now and again.

ask him how he perceives me... saabeh has figured me out. he rarely takes anything I saw with more than a grain of salt.

relax my friend; it's the internet numbers...:respect:

I'm just beefin for rap... lol..

·
Banned
719 Posts
the beauty of a crisp New England morning and it's autumn trees.

priceless

this time of year is what makes New England the greatest!!!

it smells feels and is just different than any other place at this time of year... unexplainable really; just cheeky..

·
Banned
719 Posts
it's in our DNA.

started with my brother in the 80 and his brown 99 with Inca wheels.. miss that car to death

my sisters very nice Volvo SUV... solid car..

. feels nice and classy inside. no cheap plastic bits and the wood grain is very attractive. classic...

based on the P2 platform and made in Torslanda Sweden I think I found my Swedish replacement when I get sick of these old beasts..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I own 2 Saabs and 2 Volvos.. While the Saabs are more fun, the Volvos have proven to be much more dependable.

Not sure if I could ever bring myself to own a Gm Saab though.. Just not the same thing. (the only exception being a LB Viggen).

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
I own 2 Saabs and 2 Volvos.. While the Saabs are more fun, the Volvos have proven to be much more dependable.

Not sure if I could ever bring myself to own a Gm Saab though.. Just not the same thing. (the only exception being a LB Viggen).
The reason being that early 90's 9000 turbos are probably the most unreliable Saab ever made (paging Mike D). I have never had a classic Saab that was more reliable than a 9-5.

·
Banned
719 Posts
Phoned Mike D today to check on the status of my spare T5.2 ECU I sent him on my CT trip a few weeks back,.....

bad news:redface:

he needs the existing ECU in order to reflash the new one:angry: (how do I get to work now????)....

Uber is illegal in Florida.... Damn...

Good news is, I can now have the Check engine lamp for purge valve corrected and have 2 clean ECU's.. :th_MySaab900Like:

Just gotta figure out transpo for a couple days......

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm no genius, but having a C900 as your only mode of transportation seems like kind of a bad idea.

1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts