Saab Link Forums banner

Free clear corners

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BurnsSide42 
#1 ·
Has anybody taken the yellow part out of the turn signals on a 9-5? I was trying to do it as described in the tutorial, but I couldn't get it. Just looking for some 9-5 specific tips.

#2 ·
Side Blinkers

I actually bought some clear ones with a bluish-green hue to them and found no need to heat them up. They just popped out on mine. I just gave a little nudge and out them came. The replacements parts I bought though fit the hole but were designed to screw it the frame of the car. My 2000 Aero just had empty space so I used a very adhesive double sided tape to attach the new lights.

#3 ·
Side Blinkers

I actually bought some clear ones with a bluish-green hue to them and found no need to heat them up. They just popped out on mine. I just gave a little nudge and out them came. The replacements parts I bought though fit the hole but were designed to screw it the frame of the car. My 2000 Aero just had empty space so I used a very adhesive double sided tape to attach the new lights.

#4 ·
Clarification On Clear Corners 9-5

So when saabtoge posted for some strange odd reason I thought he ment the side blinkers, but not the actual orange front lights. SO here saabotage I will tell you how I did get the orange reflectors out of my lights...
Unscrew the light
Take the bulbs out
Get a flat head screwdriver
Pry out the orange reflector
Now hjere comes the hard part
Yopu have to break that damn things into pieces small enough to fit through the bulb housing. It takes some effort but if you are careful not to scratch the rest of the light it will look very nice plus no need to fidget trying to put the light back together. This whole process for both lights took my about an hour because I broke up the pieces, but now my car looks better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.