Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I need to get rid of my 1975 TR6, the car has had a major rebuild about 10 years ago , new metal ( I mean all new fenders imported from the UK) paint and whatnot.

Complete engine and trans rebuild was done at that time at a ferrari shop in CT ( bought it from them when the orginal owner could not afford the bill.

I put in a new hand-made leather interior, dash board carpets the car was clean..

Then I went to repalce the brakes system and the car sat and sat and sat... in a leaky garage ( covers but got wet)

The car is stil rust free ( some surface suff on chrome and some other parts)

Needs a top and some extraneous parts.

I was thinking of dumping the car in Ebay and might get 5K for it ( when it was done before it was a 92 point car) In restored condiiton they have ben known to get 24K

Now the catch, instead of dumping it I am offering the car as a project partnership for a decent mechanic ( does not need to be a professional) with some time on thier hands ( I just dont have time anymore) These cars are really easy to work on, and almost every part or replica is available by catalog.

I will buy all the parts if needed and pay for any profesional work ( machine work if required) to get the car in better shape. At the end of the work we will put the car in ebay ( and other sales channels as well) and see what it goes for. All I want is my 5K and HALF of whatever else it goes for so if it goes for 12K I get 5+4 and you get 4. Remember I am paying for all parts. I will also consider paint and other body conditioning at the shop if needed.

It may be a bit risky, but you get a fun car to restore and drive while you have it) and at the end I get more of what I wanted and maybe even might pay you the money and keep the car...

I am open to other partnership ideas ( fixed-price instead of sharing potential profits, maybe a minimum amount )

Comment if you like, let me kwow what might make this a better deal for you ( or others) PM me if you are interested, lets save a great car....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have wanted one of those cars since I was a teenager. Do you have a pic so I can really feel miserable.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
crap, pm being written now, i may get dragged into this in much the same way you drag a recovering alcoholic into his favorite bar for a drink.

taking a guess from that picture, id say it was snapped in the late 90's?

how long has it sat for, and what does it currently look like??

also, where is it located?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crap, pm being written now, i may get dragged into this in much the same way you drag a recovering alcoholic into his favorite bar for a drink.

taking a guess from that picture, id say it was snapped in the late 90's?

how long has it sat for, and what does it currently look like??

also, where is it located?
Spoke to Mike d sory for contributing to anyones addiction..

For everyone's benefit, pic is from 2002, sat for 10 yeras sometimes in a leaky garage sometiem under tarps still solid, some surface rust on chrome and other metals no holes anywhere...

It in west Chester PA but I can drag it anywhere ( in the NE)

Will get back to you after this weekend... Thanks for getting back to me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts