Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just last year, Nov. 2002. I had new EBC pads, and my Zimmerman X drilled rotors.

Now, I have a siezed front right caliper. And this has totaly F&^ked, my pad, and rotor. So now I have to order all new sets of everything :evil:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wow that sucks, those aren't cheap i imagine

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About $300 just in parts, but that leaves me a new rotor and pad for the other side extra.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Man that does suck. At least you'll have an extra pad and rotor in case something else goes wrong. Any idea why it seized?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wish i could help, if you get them and want to wait til may when i come up there, i'll help you install them lol

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just the fact they are about 10 years old, and the salt and grime of our roads finally wore it in. I actually replace my rear pass caliper a few months ago.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I just ordered the pair of EBCs and should order the Calipers and Rotors next week. They should be on the car the 27th.

·
Registered
134 Posts
when you put the new calipers on lube the slide pins with a silicon greese if you happen to use anti seize it can turn hard and gluey to cement like from the heat of the brakes causing them to freeze up on you again

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry tweeks is somewhat unrelated but i have the same combo as you of ebc green stuff pads and zimmerman drilled rotors on my car and have had non stop HORRIBLE squealing problems. i was wondering if you had anything of the sort on yours or if you had any ideas on it.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly I have heard no squealing. The only noise I heard was as the calipers where on their way out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
alright thanx neways. and trust me if yours were sqeakin likemine there owuld be no missin it. since it hurts my ears its so loud sometimes.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
00TurboSe, Try adding just a tad of high temp antisieze to the mating surface between the outer pad and the caliper fingers. You will have to remove the wheels and partially remove the pads. This will generally eliminate the noise. Not common though.

Just use a little. You do not want it on the friction serface between the rotor and pad!

NCT

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I just plunked down $225 at EEuroparts.com for a set of new Zimmerman X-drilled rotors and a rebuilt caliper. I should have them on the car in 2 weekends. At the same time I plan on having my S0-3s put back on. :D

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 Thumbs way up for www.EEuroparts.com I ordered them yesterday afternoon. Orders over $50 get free shipping. They arrived this morning, less than 24 hours after placing order. Not a bad deal for free shipping. I guess they are located in CT so they didn't have far to travel.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was gonna have the dealership do it and mount my summer tires in 2 weeks. When I just need pads, I think I'll learn then.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Oh cummon Ben, don't fork over all your hard earned cash to the Sportscar Centre. Brake work is fun and easy. :D We could knock it off in 2 hours no problem.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Called ur cell and ur home, if you wanna do it this weekend lets. I have to learn sometime. :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts