Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my brother in the car the other day, when its cold u can hear this creaking/rattle sound, very annoying. He nailed it down, the front defroster vent on the very most passenger side seems to be not fully flush.. boom thats the source, if he holds it down.... ahhhh peace and quiet, if he lets it go.. creeeeeeekkk. Now how to fix.. prob gonna have dealer look at it as to my service light just came on for intermediate service, knowing them, they will F it up worse so may try to tackle myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant get the vent to pop out, but what i may do is shoot a small bead of hot glue under the edge that is popping up, should be just enough to keep her set in place.

·
Registered
87 Posts
(in Don Adams from Get Smart voice)....."Ahhhhh, the ole hot glue in the vent trick!"

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
That was a god show! I miss the old re-runs.... I myself am starting to have urges to hot glue parts onto my car... getting tire of them the way they are. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would be weary of using any hot glue in this area.
If it holds, you will not be able to remove the vent for repair or cleaning purposes.
But then, I cannot imagine any man ever doing this, even if the car is kept 20 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to put silicone under the defroster vent. but it didn´t help, didn´t put enogh of silicone i think. it came off only partually. the defroster vent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts