Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my accident on New Year's (see earlier post) I have decided just to replace the rear driver's side corner filler panel rather than pay some company $463 to paint and fix the little scratch on it. It's the small panel on the NG900 above the rear bumper and right below the corner tailight. I know you guys go to junkyards often so look around for me please. Saab part # is 4296372.

Here is what the panel looks like (after my accident):

I prefer to get it in black...

·
Registered
392 Posts
eww clean ur muffler!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: youre lucky theres no face of vomiting

·
Registered
299 Posts
try having it buffed out. is that rust :shock: betwene the body panels behind the wheel well

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tweek!

Yes that is rust from a previous accident. My dad backed into the wheel well and the rust just spread from there, it's like a virus :lol: I got quoted at $1000 for repair, so I said f*** it. I think I can actually buy that whole quarter panel from saab for $264 or so and then just get it painted...

And I can't get that scrape buffed out because it removed the paint, it's down in there...

Oh and it's the middle of winter here, anytime you clean anything it just snows the next day.

·
10,303 Posts
I have a few things to get from the junkyard...First I am going to try tired iron, but I do know of a black 900S in Utica.

·
10,303 Posts
Tired Iron was closed, and Vince's U-Pull it had crushed the last of the Black 900 I knew they had. So I cant get the heater controlls from that iether.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries! I found one over at the Volvo Saab Auto Dismantlers out there in Cali. Got it for $20. And I also bought some interior footpanels in black to replace mine, since most of my spray paint is scrapping off the tan ones I have :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New Goodies!

UPDATE! Well I got the corner panel and some other goodies, the two interior console foot panels (in black, mine were painted black from tan and were getting scratched pretty bad):

Here's the old scratched panel they quoted me $400 to paint.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
How do those black panels look with Tan interior?

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah let's see some pics

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well look at my interior now, they look fine. But these old photos are when I spray painted them black. Now I have the black version...

But see how scuffed up they are...

Next I am going to get the pieces under the steering wheel and glove box. I painted those also awhile ago and they are getting scuffed up also. I eventually want to get black carpet, black leather seats, and black door panels with yellow inserts...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts