Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been deleting between 5-20 threads and banning 3-10 people per day. It is absurd. Is there any way to prevent or deter spam posts on the forum?

-Mike

·
Administrator
508 Posts
There is a few ways that we could try to limit the amount of spammers on here. We could try something like restricting new users from posting until they reach a certain number. We could also look into possibly making a new usergroup where new registers have to be approved first but the mods, only have freedom to post in one section until they reach the desired quota, etc. It's a matter of how you and the other mods feel about this.

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Super Moderator
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every larger forum I belong to has that feature, new users need to be approved. Not entirely sure how to tell if a new user is a fake though, any insight on that?

·
Administrator
508 Posts
We do have a security check that folks need to complete correctly before they can post. I've gone in and activated Akismet so hopefully that catches a few more spam bots that pass through the security check.

Cheers,
Sheena

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.