Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put one of the forge dump valves on my 9-5 a while ago. but I needed an extra section of hose to get it to fit. The extra hose went from the valve to the delivery pipe. It works for now, but has anyone else donw this, but found a better way? or maybe knows where to get a sweet silicone has that fits just right?

I think I'll get a picture of what I'm talking about soon.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Did you find a pic yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the pic, the red hose is what I had to use to fit the dump valve. Not only doesn't it match colors :roll: ,Its not the proper type of tubing.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Did you try turning it the other way? By that I mean put the end where the black hose is where the red hose now, and vice versa. I think you have it on backwards.

Kyle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think its backwards, I put in on the same way the stock one was. I did turn it around and it barely fits in there, plus the little tiny hose is to short. I do think it would make more sense that way but I put it back the way the picture is.

The air flows through the downpipe and the pressure change when I shift gears forces the dump valve open and lets the air go into the intake pipe right? So for the valve to operate at its best it should be setup the way not shown in the picture.

So does anyone else with a 9-5 get a pic and show us whats going on :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a pic from http://www.abbottracing.com it looks to me that they have the dump vlave on the proper way, the way I don't :cry: But I was sure that the stock dump valve was on the other way, oh well. So back to my original question, does anyone sell the short hose I need to connect the dump valve to down pipe, where I have the ghetto red one. And now I need the really tiny diameter hose that goes from the dumo valve to the control box... whatever. I think I can get that at any autoparts store.

if you guys have any suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so here is a pic of the stock setup. I borrowed it from ebay. So now I don't know whats going on.... :roll:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
The stock hose that you had should work. Otherwise im pretty sure Oreighly's would the hose you need, but u'd need to buy it by the foot :?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah it should fitthe same as the stock one did...by the way i couldnt see any of your pics...on my 9-3 the forge dump valve just went into place like the stock one...heres a pic

·
Registered
39 Posts
The correct way is to have the vacuum end pointing towards the right hand of the car.
This way the boost will build to keep piston closed, the other way, and it blows the piston open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts