Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On someone's suggestion here I bought some Forever Black from http://www.superiorcarcare.net .
Good stuff.
It didn't work as well on the 'stickers' or whatever they are on the door pillars. Hoping a couple more coats will get it perfect. It's true, the stuff is like a dye. All the black plastic trim pieces came out very very well. Those pieces indeed do look like new.
The applicator is pretty much a show polish type, so you have to make sure you get a good even coat on or you'll see lines. But the cool part is it won't stick to paint or windows. Do the trim and then wash the car.
Towels get black, though. :p
Will it last? That's the question. Time will tell.
Assorted snaps. I think you can tell which are before and which are after.
8)

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I was not impressed with the forever black on my trim. It did not soak in very well, and only seemed to work on the front bumper and rear bumper trim, the side trim it just beaded up and rolled off. :?: Also it left the bumpers a little streaky looking despite several even coats. I even used the special surface prep cleaner. maybe I need to try again. oh well.

the FOREVER BLACK TIRE GEL, on the other hand, I can say I had pretty good results with that. the tires look almost like brand new. Not shiny like a silicone based tire dressing, but then again, this stuff doesn't run off onto the rims, either. :wink: it gives old tires with that dried out brownish greyish look, a new tire black rubber look. nice. BTW, the "after" pic is after the gel dried overnight. While still wet it looks glossy, but dry it is a more matte finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts