·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What bulbs did you use?

What color did you go with?

How hard did you find the installation?

Are you happy with them?

I used H4 & 8k's on my headlights, but they only work on highbeams and im super confused about em. Not sure if it's the P&P kit or if its just a highbeam bulb? idk... My regular lights work as they did before, but highbeams are now HID which is confusing n pissin me off. Going to take it apart again when I have a day off & I will try the bulb outside the housing to see if its the bulb thats producing both the regular low and HID high or if I'm retarded or somethin... idk... it's giving me a headache.

I just wanted to know about your experiences!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
H4
Nope
Very

When I had 6k's on my 900 the set was just basicly a plug & play, & the plugs matched the stock h4 setup.
Does your hid set have a single soild plug or do you plug in wires? (post pictures)
Maybe the wires are crossed, I know that the plug on the car had has three slots for one ground, one for the lowbeam & one for the highbeam. Maybe you could try switching the wires around to get them to work on lowbeam.

The kit I have for my 9-5 has loose wire plugs, but the 9-5 has a whole different setup compared to the 900/9-3

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
H4 bixenon headlight / 9006 foglights
6K / 3K
No / Medium
Sorta / Yes

Headlights were super easy, 100% plug n play but the bixenon bulbs like to stop functioning.

The fog lights had some modifications, but I'm happy with them.

About your only high beam problem, if you are running non-bixenon bulbs, and you have a relay harness, take the high and low beam wires in your relay and swap their locations.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
H4 bixenon headlight / 9006 foglights
6K / 3K
No / Medium
Sorta / Yes

Headlights were super easy, 100% plug n play but the bixenon bulbs like to stop functioning.

The fog lights had some modifications, but I'm happy with them.

About your only high beam problem, if you are running non-bixenon bulbs, and you have a relay harness, take the high and low beam wires in your relay and swap their locations.
I will try that :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.