Saab Link Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Is that a black DI Cassette on the car? If so, it should have a red unit. Otherwise, not a bad looking car. It seems to me like Colorado is a tough location for most users on here though. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Is that a black DI Cassette on the car? If so, it should have a red unit. Otherwise, not a bad looking car. It seems to me like Colorado is a tough location for most users on here though. Good luck with the sale.
I feel like this gets brought up a lot. I know a few people on here are running black DI's with T5 cars, with no problems. The only difference IIRC is the lack of knock protection. Do a search on it, but it seems to it is 'OK' to run a black DI on a T5 car. When buying new, it is a big price difference, so I understand why people do it.

As for the car, looks like a nice 9000, GLWS.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a black DI, the car runs fine with it and I've never had any issues.

Another small detail that I don't think really matters but I'll throw it in anywas, the speakers have been upgraded to Harmon Kardon out of an Aero both front speakers and tweeters and I have the rear units sitting in the hatch but not hooked up.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
'91 and '92 9K turbos actually run smoother (idle) with black DIs (as said by Dr Boost and witnessed by me), and it does no harm to run it. But these are not T-5 cars.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Wow! If I was closer id pick this up... then all I would need is a black and a green 91/92.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.