Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burnsy was good enough to sell me the classic 900 dual vents from an old hood.

Tired Iron is going to supply me with a dent free gm900 hood.

With the magic of somebody else's body work, I will have constructed a GM900 hood, with dual classic 900 vents. I will assume they somehow aid in cooling the temps. :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
turbokick said:
yea put a tray under them to catch water
and dump/drain it AWAY from anything important or of rusting ability... plastic duct work is best for this with a Rubber seal - but you know this :lol: I take it you got them then?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Then you'll have a nice looking hood with 2 funnels in it. maybe you could duct it like a dran trap and then put the drains in the bottom of the U shape. But like a thong, it would look good but be a pain in the ass.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the progress so far...
---Hood $200
---Vents $40

It goes to the body shop this week.

Also here is a pic of my engine mount, and me cause I tried using it for the game but couldn't find the usb cable in time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i hope you dont plan to put the vents where they are on the hood currently. :shock:

·
7,595 Posts
they are just sitting there from the looks of it. I'm sure they will be re-positioned.

tweeks, are you driving around now with no bumper OR hood? if so, we need a picture of this :lol:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
DeLorean said:
tweeks, are you driving around now with no bumper OR hood? if so, we need a picture of this :lol:
:lol: :lol: no I think he just bought an extra hood... but that would be hilarious :p

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Well - in PA hoods and fenders are NO MORE required as part of inspection or state law anymore as of January 1st 2005 - the Hot Rodders were thrilled to hear this. So if Ben moves to or drives in PA now he is almost legal :lol:

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm driving around with my 89 in one peice.

As for the hood vents, the under hood ribing of the structure is going to be the deciding fact....now, back to calling paris hilton's friends. :D

all their voicemails are full :cry: I don't think we were the only ones with that idea. oh, I want her almost as bad as I want Oprah :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts