·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spawned from this: http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36056

Went to the Orthopedic surgeon today...

Apparently that pain that I had around mile marker five was my foot breaking :D

And I have IT band issues.

So not only do I have a freaking dorky air cast... I also have to go to physical therapy for my knee.

I look like an idiot. I have a cast on my right foot and I can't bend, step down, step up, etc with my left leg. :cool:

I'll know on the 19th if I am clear to run a half marathon on the 24th. But I don't know if I can run it after going three weeks without doing any running.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Chris I have had issues with my IT band as well for the last 7 years or so. It sucks balls, but definitely doesn't have to put you out.

There are some really good stretches, and also make sure to ice it well. I would actually massage it with ice and that helped a ton.

icy/hot works great as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am glad I read this thread.

I have been contemplating starting running as a new year's resolution, now I know that is a stupid idea.

I instead will focus my efforts on smoking menthols and being ok with myself for being overweight.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've had some IT band issues as well - and my hamstrings and calf muscles. I couldn't have done half the exercise I've done this year without getting a regular massage. It felt like a luxury but it's a necessity now. I can give you a referral if you want one.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ITB issues suck. The worst for me was going down stairs in pain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.