Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a set of fondmetal 9a's from a french guy and im having a hard time deciding on whether i should keep them or sell them. They look stunning but the wheels are pretty well beaten up lots of curb rash (nothing that cant be sanded off) 2 of the wheels are good no bends 2 of the wheels are questionable i drove on 3 of them. One of the wheels has a moderately small flat spot which causes a very small steering wheel wobble. The other wheel has a crack in it (which im getting assessed) along with this crack is a bend and there is one more bend on the wheel. i figure i would have to buy one new wheel and the other is repairable. I really like them but im not so sure how well they fit the looks of my car, so send me some offers if anyones interested. i would accept trades if your local to me.
btw apparently the guy was driving on all 4 so they are drivable i only tested 3
pics of them on my car

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeahhhh well the guy lied to me he said none were bent, but he was french and neither he nor i could understand half the things we were saying to each other. the bent one is an easy fix really, its just the one with the crack im worried about.

btw size is 17x7 (think might be 7.5) 5x110

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
yeahhhh well the guy lied to me he said none were bent, but he was french and neither he nor i could understand half the things we were saying to each other. the bent one is an easy fix really, its just the one with the crack im worried about.

btw size is 17x7 (think might be 7.5) 5x110
See what happens when you trust the French? Haha, only saying that because we have a French guy running around Leesburg that has made a nuisance of himself where I work and several other businesses. Hope its not the same guy, he was a real PITA to deal with. Good luck with those wheels, sorry you got shafted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
naw he was a diplomat in McLean kept talking oddly about what i had done to my car, actually though he was a woman from the spelling of his first name hahahhaha. but its not all bad i found out that a refurbishing place carries the wheel and i was going to trade 6 of my 10 spokes and trade in the two broken fondmetals for two new fondmetals :D so looks like im set, ill probably be keeping these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts