Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed one of my fog lights is out on my 06 aero. I'm thinking about upgrading to PIAA hyper yellow fogs. The only thing is I can't figure out how to change the bulb. The torx screw on the side does not release the light housing like I thought it would. Does the lip/bumper have to come off? Help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would not pay for expensive bulbs because fogs seem to burn out fairly quick.

To replace them you have to take off the plastic splash guard on the bottom. Then there will be a circular plastic piece that pops off. The bulb holder is right there then.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would definitely go with the piaa hyper yellows. I have them on my 04 and they are excellent. None of them have burnt out yet either and that's running them for 40,000 miles constantly on. If you do a search I wrote a detailed description of how to replace them in a post a while back. I'm sure you can find it rather quickly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I searched my posts and I found it...it was in response to you a while ago lol...anyway here it is:

It's a pain in the ass if you don't have clearance to look under but shouldn't take more than 5-10 min per side. It's easier if you lock out your wheels in the opposite direction of the side you're working on, but can be done with the wheels straight.

1. Remove the screw in the wheel housing and move the spoiler shield down. It's the bottom middle screw. 8mm socket

2. Remove the protective cover to the lamp. It has a small pull tab around the rim and is under the light not behind.

3. Loosen the bulb by unhooking the lock clamps and swinging them down. They must be pushed up and pinched together to be released.

4. Remove the bulb and excess wire until the red connector boot is visible. Then unplug the connector and take bulb out.

5. Replace the bulb and plug in the connector. Be sure not to touch the glass on the bulb. If you do it will burn out fast! I took a small shopping bag and punched the connector of the bulb through the bag to be sure I never touched the glass. Simply rip the bag apart after you secure the bulb.

6. Secure the bulb with the lock clamps.

7. Fit the protective cover over the lamp.

8. Reposition the spoiler shield and fit the screw in the wheel housing.

That's it and the PIAA XTRA Ion Crystal bulbs look great. They work a thousand time better during bad weather than the standard bulbs.

PIAA part# 13555 - I have a 04 so the part number may differ from yours

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats funny, but thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally had the time to change the bulbs. I ended up going with hella plasma yellow h3's. Haven't seen 'em in the dark yet, but when I do I will be posting pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts